“Stayed for fund raiser”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed during fund raiser golf tournament. Nice rooms and friendly, friendly staff. So helpful and call you by name!
Clean pool. Saw the swim up bar! Well attended. Located directly across from the beach!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Most amazing customer service! Everyone was so friendly. Great pool with swim up bar. Beautiful place! Would recommend to anyone. Rooms are nice, nothing fancy but the customer service is so impressive!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Beachlover0516

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Make sure set the air to run continuously to block out the hallway sounds. Loved the plush bath robes. Good walking distance to most attractions. Surprisingly a very young crowd y pool which maybe explains the too loud dj music.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I appreciate your comments. I will address your review with staff. Thank you for staying and hope that your stays are a better experiences in the future. Happy Holidys.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This property is clean, and the level of service is above and beyond, especially in the restaurant and bar.

This excerpt from my email to the food and beverage manager tells it all:

"I wanted to write you a quick note to tell you, and I'm sure you're already aware, that your server, Kelly, is doing an outstanding job. She is attentive, personable, and polite.

She served me at breakfast this morning and aside from doing her job well, she went above and beyond my expectations. I was barely awake, my watch was on eastern time, and I thought the executive lounge was closed. Kelly told me about the lounge being open and about the cappuccino machine there, and I joked that I'll have to hurry up and eat so I can go get a much needed shot of espresso. Two minutes later, Kelly carefully placed a hot cup of cappuccino in front of me, and it was delivered with a beautiful smile."

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We always enjoy our stay at the Hilton in Galveston. Rooms are good sized and clean. Great location and the pool is lots of fun with a swim up bar and a live DJ on Saturdays. They do a lot for kids as well. Service is always great!

Room Tip: We book through Galveston.com. Request a balcony room with a beach view in the first wing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel was ok, we booked two adjoining rooms for one night - brought the kids so the adjoining rooms were a necessity - and when we arrived we were told there were no adjoining rooms. After some serious discussions, which involved my family leaving and finding a different hotel, management was able to find us two adjoining rooms. The rooms were old, but comfortable and clean, and I wouldn't even be writing a review, but, after checking out the next day and returning home, I was surprised to find A CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR $5,030.00. This was in addition to the two rooms and breakfast charges we authorized. When I called the hotel the night manager was very courteous and apologetic and explained that someone had accidentally "fat-fingered" (his words) our charges and this would be corrected within a few days. I'm currently waiting to see if the charges are voided, and I believe they will be after speaking with the manager, but I would advise using extreme caution at this establishment. "Fat Fingering" could end up costing someone quite a bit of $$$.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Allen P

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel staff was very nice. Hotel needs to be upgraded....everything just feels old in there. Charging 9.95 for wifi per device is a joke...most hotels don't charge guests at all. Good location right on the seawall

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple