“Friendliest staff ever!”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I have never been disappointed. This stay, however had the friendliest staff I have ever seen. They truly seemed to care about what they did and that each guest had a great experience! I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Charlotte K
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.

Mike Pistone

Write a ReviewReviews (2,434)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've made 2 attempts to stay at this hotel the first reservation I had for two rooms they had to relocate me at 3 p.m. When I showed up to check in. They sent me down the street to another hotel without apologizing. The front desk staff said that they overbooked and this hotel always does that they oversold their rooms. Although I had a bad first experience I decided to give this place another chance. so I booked a room for my sons 3rd birthday so I can take him to the waterpark that's a few blocks away from the hotel. When I showed up to check in the front desk agent told me that my reservation was cancelled due my card declining before I arrived. unbeknownst to me and my card was compromised the night before. So in other words they oversold the hotel.when speaking to the manager she was rude and fell to apologize and said that they were sold out and there's nothing she can do to help me. thank you Hilton Galveston for making my sons birthday so special. I bet I've stayed at many Hilton properties and this is by far the worst customer service I've seen and not just once but twice. I will never stay here again and I will recommend to my friends to never stay herected. I talk to you tonight or stay here because it's not worth it. If you're going to stay anywhere stay at the San Luis resort that's down the street customer service is top notch and the hotel is great no complaints.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank marisyl b

We appreciate your feedback whether negative or poitive we address all of our guests input with our associates Thank you for taking the time to email Trip Advisor and have a great day.
Hilton General Mgr.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for our friends wedding, Honestly for the price the customer service we received was horrible. I have had better service at La Quinta. Stay at the holiday, Hotel Galvez or the San Luis. The Staff was rude and seemed put out, rooms were dirty, I have stayed at many Hilton's with great a experience, not this one.....wow, Very Disappointing!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank catherine M

Hilton General Mgr.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel is old and needs updating. Way too expensive for what you are getting. Restaurant is average, great pool area and spa. Majority of the staff very knowledgeable and helpful. Air conditioning unit in the room way too loud - dirty floors, and furniture in bad condition for again what you're paying. Location is great, and that's what you're paying for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Carole T
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I appreciate your comments. I will address your review with staff. Thank you for staying and hope that your stays are a better experiences in the future. Happy Holidys.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed with the kids for a week, nice clean hotel with a walk across to the beach. Fun pool, very polite and friendly staff. Had balcony rooms which were awesome to relax on. Beds soft and comfy. The valet guys were above and beyond helpful with information on places to eat, shop, and entertainment.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank LAstuckinKS

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My BFF got married in Austin, TX and took a prompt to Honeymoon to this Resort. It was very last minute and I didn't have anytime to plan. I wanted to do something special for them so I called local bakeries about making a small wedding cake but it was such short notice the prices were outrageous. In a last ditch effort I call the Resort to see what options there were that I send to their room. They were more than willing to help me. They offered a complimentary honeymoon package which is a bottle of champagne & chocolate covered strawberries! I was over joyed and happy! I upgraded the package to include a heart of rose petals for a small fee! They really went above and beyond and truly care about there customers.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Amperez150
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Im going to start with a couple of quick blurbs & then get a little deeper.
This has the Hilton name & with that i DO expect a little more than "Steves beachside place to sleep"
I would give the staff 10 stars if I could, but i cant so 5 stars it is.
I would give the ground floor of the resort 5 stars, but i cant.
I would give the facility 3 stars... hence the average of a 4 star review.
Location: its across the street from the beach. Cant do much better...

Now a little more...
The staff. I think I'm generally an angry NJ fella who thinks everyone who says "Hi" & "How can i help you?" wants something, but right from the start Louis, the valet (whos service i didnt even use) made me believe he did want to help out. & I wasnt even checked in yet.
Then Emma at the front desk was amazingly helpful, pleasant, equal parts fun & sarcastic (She def spent time in NJ lol). Thru my entire stay there she answered all my touristy questions & if she couldnt, she found someone who could.
Want a drink? swim up to the bar & find amanda. Poured a stiff Memorial Day Coolata (ok, she poured me several of them) & she can help ya out if other bar patrons get a little tooo drunk
More good stuff: The Main level of the resort is pristine.It shines. Its beautiful.The inside bar, the dining area. The lazy river. The hottub, the swim up bar. Immaculate!
Only downside to teh main floor: the *cough* fitness center *cough*. How they consider a treadmill, an eliptical, an exercise ball & a bench with some free weight dumbells, a "fitness center" is beyond me. People who got to use the cardio machines before noon mustve won some sorta lottery.

Then, ya get upstairs.
The 1st thing i noticed as i got off the elevator was the rug. Dirty & dingy. Not sure a good steam clean would even bring life back to it. Walking o the room you notice the seams were coming undone & fraying (also there were spackle chips that were there till the evening the next day). By the ice machine it appeared they were ripping up the rug but forgot to put down the new stuff as there was plenty of exposed concrete.

The room.
"living space" was pretty good. 2 Double beds, TV area. desk. balcony (that overlooked the parking lot. hooray!)
Closet itself was tiny (but seriously how much space do you need for a few nights stay?) But you couldnt open the door all the way as the closet door would bang into the arm of the entry door & the safe & ironing board (ours had a bent leg) were also jammed into the closet.

Oh if youve made it this far.... you might want to consider bringing a multi-outlet adapter. the room is DREADFULLY short on available outlets.You want to charge your phone & leave it on the nightstand by the bed? Nuh-uh. think again. those 2 outlets are occupied by teh clock & the light (the ONLY light within reach once in bed, BTW). I used my carry on luggage bag as a make-shift night stand on another wall as my devices charged overnight. Have no idea where they would plug the fridge into.... if there was one!! (seriously $10/day for a fridge? & dont get me started on lack of free WiFi in the rooms!! tho it IS available in the Main level)

Location: seriously across the street from the beach. But if Pleasure Pier is your thing, its a good 2 miles down the road. Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance tho... so dont let that turn you away.

Im really not a picky traveler, but some things just stick out...
As I opened with; this IS a Hilton so i hold them to a bit of a higher standard, but so should they. Would i stay there again? Definitely, at the right price.

Staff 5 Stars.
Facility 3 Stars

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank stevejv429
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014