“Great Experience/ Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Tulsa, United States
“Great Experience/ Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

ALL staff were very hospitable!! The front desk, bell man and housekeeping!!! The entire experience (conference accomodations, room, pool, bar) was absolutely amazing and we enjoyed. My purpose was business, but brought my family and we all had a great time!! Great job Hilton, Galveston Island.

1 Thank Valyncia T
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.

Mike Pistone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for several nights while in town for business. The service was great, the rooms were clean, and the pool bar was a pleasant surprise! I only have one critique: I would have liked if high-speed wireless internet in my room was included in the price (had to go to the lobby for free internet). Otherwise, a great stay!

La Porte, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my first stay at the Hilton on the Seawall in Galveston. My wife and I were there for both business and to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary. During the time my wife was not attending CPE classes next door at the Galveston Convention Center, we were dining at one of the many restaurants within walking distance or in the pool or hot tub. The pool was clean and well maintained, but the hot tub seemed to have a lot of sand tracked in, but not cleaned out. The hot tub temperature was about 103 to 104. It was hot enough to make me concerned about the unattended children that were using the hot tub as a play pool. We would have rented a poolside cabana for part of the day, but rental exceeded the cost of our room and one could only rent one for the entire day. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Internet is $10 a day. Not free. The room was clean and smelled fresh. It seemed well maintained. All in all one can not find a better location to stay in Galveston.

1 Thank LARRY77571
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked months ahead of time so we could come in a night ahead of our cruise. As it turned out, we spent more time than planned as the day we flew in was the Galveston Oil spill of 2014. The employees were phenomenal in dealing with probably hundreds of customers continually asking for information, rooms, transport,etc... No matter how many times or how rudely a customer was, the employees answered each with a smile and as helpful an answer as possible.
The accommodations were beautiful and comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi was very nice and it was great that there were pool towels (larger than the standard room towels). Should we ever be back in Galveston we will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Birdylady

Kemp, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

you pay a high price per night,customer service was poor, I got sick at their breakfast on 6/9/14.they make you pay for a lot of things that are free else where.they even charge for local calls.wayne.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wayne w
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I appreciate your comments and they will be researched and addressed if valid. I hope you will reconsider us for future stays. being a AAA Four Diamond property we pride ourself on a very positive reputation with our guests.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I have never been disappointed. This stay, however had the friendliest staff I have ever seen. They truly seemed to care about what they did and that each guest had a great experience! I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Charlotte K

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I've made 2 attempts to stay at this hotel the first reservation I had for two rooms they had to relocate me at 3 p.m. When I showed up to check in. They sent me down the street to another hotel without apologizing. The front desk staff said that they overbooked and this hotel always does that they oversold their rooms. Although I had a bad first experience I decided to give this place another chance. so I booked a room for my sons 3rd birthday so I can take him to the waterpark that's a few blocks away from the hotel. When I showed up to check in the front desk agent told me that my reservation was cancelled due my card declining before I arrived. unbeknownst to me and my card was compromised the night before. So in other words they oversold the hotel.when speaking to the manager she was rude and fell to apologize and said that they were sold out and there's nothing she can do to help me. thank you Hilton Galveston for making my sons birthday so special. I bet I've stayed at many Hilton properties and this is by far the worst customer service I've seen and not just once but twice. I will never stay here again and I will recommend to my friends to never stay herected. I talk to you tonight or stay here because it's not worth it. If you're going to stay anywhere stay at the San Luis resort that's down the street customer service is top notch and the hotel is great no complaints.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank marisyl b
We appreciate your feedback whether negative or poitive we address all of our guests input with our associates Thank you for taking the time to email Trip Advisor and have a great day.
Hilton General Mgr.