“Cold and Hungry”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We are Hilton honors and we are usually happy with the Hilton resorts. We have not been pleased with our most recent stays with Hilton, first the Clearwater resort and now the Galveston resort. I was in charge of taking care of a child while the child's mom was working at a business convention. Of course this involves feeding her so her mom had to tell the hotel management and restaurant management SEVERAL times that we could get food and charge it to the room. When it came time to eat we were told from every restaurant in the hotel that we could not order food without the mom here to order the food even though we explained that she was at a business convention and spoke to management about this. I have NEVER had so much trouble getting food in order to feed a child in my life! They were also very rude to the child when she tried to order some food when I was in the restroom, which was NOT appreciated. Our first night when we took our showers there was no hot water, so of course that was not pleasant. So we called the lobby to complain, and they said they would get it fixed right away...they never did. I am not happy with this hotel and I will not be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cortni M
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Staff and I will review your comments and work to improve our operation. i appreciate your candid remarks and have a wonderful day.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Reviewed 12 August 2014

First trip to Galveston and probably the last. If this is an example of what Hilton has to offer from a Resort prospective I am not very impressed, and would certainly look for other property in the furture. Our room was in need of a complete overhaul. There were holes in the wall, leaking toilet (puddles of water on the floor), missing grout in the shower. Torn and Frayed carpet and missing baseboard trim. Not to mention the stale beer smell in the elevator. The room was in the tower and at a cost of $339. per night. You would probably fine a nice room at a Red Roof inn. Not worth it at all!

4  Thank HHonors2014

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved this Hotel. Fair price for great services, great location, and great staff. This is where you should stay when visiting Galveston. Rooms are clean. Pool/bar is great, staff is great! Close proximity to all eating establishments if choosing to eat out. Right next to beach. Again, the pool/pool bar is very nice!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting a positive review to Trip Advisor. Feeback from our guest make us a better operation. I look forward to seeing you again when in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the towels huge and soft, but the staff was wonderful. From the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff - everyone was friendly and helpful. When we were leaving, one of the housekeepers asked about our stay, wished us a safe trip, and hoped that we would stay again on our next trip to Galveston.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We incurred several issues during the stay; 1. the desk chair was defective and replaced 2. 2 lamps did not work and needed new bulbs 3. The AC unit was very noisy 4, The hot water valve handle was loose and fell off. 5. The TV /cable system was intermittent and the staff had to work with the cable provider to correct the problem. I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE MAINTENANCE STAFF'S RESPONSE AND ABILITY TO REMEDY THE PROBLEMS. THEY ARE #1

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank George C

Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the moment I drove into the parking lot, I had a bad feeling about this property. The pool area reminded me of a college frat party - very loud music, obnoxiously loud people, crowded. The unpleasant odor in the lobby and the run-down hallways didn't sway my opinion much as we proceeded to our room. The nasty, ratted tangle of long black human hair with many little black "things" on the pillow and blanket of our room - that sent me running for the door. Admittedly, I did not have my glasses on, so I couldn't tell if the black things were lint, dirt or some type of bug, but there was no need to stick around and find out! This is the first time in over 20 years of travel that I have checked in and immediately checked out of a property - it was that bad. Price aside, I have higher expectations for cleanliness, but at a listed rate of just over $300 per night, I expect WAY more from a property. I will say that the front desk check-in staff was friendly and quick. The hotel manager spoke with my husband as he checked-out and apologized for the dirty room. He was very kind about the situation and offered a new room. I just wasn't willing to stay there at that point - too many red flags.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different property!
2  Thank BeachSwan

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I am a loyal Hilton member. My husband and I went to every hilton if we go vacation. This is an awful one. First of all, I just went to my room. As soon as I turned the comer, there were a black femal was checking everyone 'a door. I saw her checking my door in font my eyes!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peggystott1125
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014