“We'll be back!!”

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Spring, Texas
“We'll be back!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel around noon on Sunday, August 31st, 2014. Kim, one of the Guest Service Representatives working the desk upon our arrival, communicated that our room was not ready. She asked for a contact phone number and said she would call when our room would be ready. We decided to take that opportunity and go grab a bite to eat. While at lunch, Kim called to let us know that our room was ready.

When we arrived back to the hotel to get our room, Kim greeted me by my last name as I approached the desk. Each time I saw her that day and the next morning for checkout, she addressed me by my last name.

We were traveling on a Reward Certificate, and was very impressed because of the treatment and service we received. Having worked in the hotel industry for a number of years, I have experienced how traveller's who are paying reduced rates are treated, and many times the level of service is not great (or even good). That was not the case here at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort!!

The poor area was very nice and accommodating. Lots of available seating. The swim up pool bar was a great addition as well, and was very clean.

The hotel was within walking distance of quite a few dining options including the Rainforest Cafe.

Our breakfast on the morning of checkout was just okay. Not many hot items on the breakfast buffet to choose from. My egg omelet seemed rather small.

We did enjoy our stay and plan to return to the Hilton Galveston Island Resort next time we travel to Galveston.

Stayed September 2014
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
I appreciate your review of the Hilton Galveston and your stay. Your feedback is very valuable to the operation and making us a better place for our guests to stay.

Mike Pistone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Polish first
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Decent pool with an outdoor bar. Honors comp bfast lacked any meat but the fruit was good and they had an automated cappucino machine.
Had a room with balcony facing the water that was functional but dated decor. Clean and sufficient though. The AC system in the wall was lacking. Seemed undersized for the room. Stayed just one night but the workers encountered were extremely helpful and glad to assist. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

If the Hilton Corporation knew about the deplorable conditions at this Hotel, they would be embarrassed. We arrived at 3 pm , checked in and were advised that our room was not ready. We provided a cell phone number for notification and went to the pool. No notification was received so at 5 pm we returned to the desk to pick up room keys. It is not known how long the room had been ready but we waited for a call that never came. We wrote it off as just another example of poor guest services. The carpet in all of the hallways was dirty and stained; some of the worst we have ever seen. The staff members in charge of custodial services should be terminated. The biggest surprise of all was encountering a peculiar odor when entering the room and then discovering two soiled diapers in a trash can. The final crowning achievement was the fire alarms which started about 2:45 and continued until 5:00 am and then restarted at 8:00 am. We heard from other guests that the manager offered no sympathy whatsoever. Most hotels would have comped the rooms. This will probably our final stay at this property as well as any of the other Landry hotels. Maybe they should stick to restaurants??

Stayed September 2014
1 Thank BRUCE B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Staff and I will review your comments and work to improve our operation. i appreciate your candid remarks and have a wonderful day.
Rowlett, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Staff was useless, breakfast wait for table was 20+ minutes daily, A/C in room sounded like a turbo prop taking off, fire alarms went off 6 times over 1.5 hours on one night - and the staff simply did not care. Left early since I could not get rest while in the hotel after day 3.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Andra R
Shenandoah, Texas
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Galveston over Labor Day weekend where do I begin. I will start with the high notes. Michael the pool bartender was very friendly and helpful so much that my son chose to eat there both nights. Michael would go out of his way circling the pool area to find whomever had ordered from him. That's where the good started and ended. Upon check-in we were rushed through without any pleasantries or sign of customer service. Once in our room I realized I had forgotten my contact solution so I proceeded to the gift store where I was informed that this specific hotels is partnered with Landrys Select club( check-in never informed me of this). When I return to the room my wife and son were unpacking and settling in. There was a sitting chair that was in the way so my wife pushed it into the corner and underneath were an old used pair or earplugs and a ball of hair with some trash. Should have know from the earplugs we wouldn't be getting any sleep. The room itself was small, outdated, and dirty. There was thick lining of dust on the walls and ceiling and the bathroom had writing on the walls very disappointing for a Hilton. The air conditioner was loud but still couldn't drown out the noise from the halls or adjoining rooms zero sound barrier. The following night we ordered food from the hotel restaurant I was told it would be ready in 20-25 minutes. My son and I went out to the truck to get change so we could purchase some drinks from the vending machine (the only store in the hotel closed like at 7 if it before). We went straight back to the room after buying three drinks and my wife said they had called and were very rude in telling here that she needs to tell her husband that his food is ready. Again ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. We decided to stay in and ordered a movie. We finished our movie around 11:30 and got ready for bed. Around 2:30 in the morning we were awakened by the sound of the hotel alarm going off. The alarms continued to go off about every 30-45 minutes up until about 4:45 in the morning. We had hoped we would be able to get at least a solid 5hours of sleep didn't happen around 8 in the morning the alarm went off again. Worst hotel stay ever. If you value sleep, customer service, and clean rooms stay elsewhere. Side note still waiting to here back from the manager

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank bjasen81
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
TX
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just came back from a Labor Day overnight at the Hilton. It's a beachfront hotel so that's what you get. Location is great right on Seawall Blvd. Pool is small but there is a swim up bar. Rooms are adequate in the original building, Balcony faces the Gulf and is a plus. HH Gold breakfast was good, but only covered continental. I've stayed here a few times but we just learned there is a HH lounge on the 1st floor. Not sure if I would put this in the "resort" category. Pretty sure but some of the pool guests might not have been staying at the hotel. There is a Kroger grocery store 1 block to the east for food and beer/wine. Nice place on the beach, but probably more for Spring Break than a Honeymoon. Cheers!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Your review is appreciated very much on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to foward your comments to our staff. Please come back and see us soon.
Have a wonderful day!
Dallas
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Hilton Galveston. The customer service at the Hotel was great. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. We made the mistake of staying at a Marriott property the night before and were very pleased to stay at the Hilton for 2 nights. The property could use some updates, although our room was very clean it's obvious tell this is an older hotel. The pool area was nice, the kids were entertained daily with activities and treats at the pool area was nice too. We did not eat at the hotel, as there are several restaurants within driving distance or a short walk. We would definately stay at the Galveston Hilton again.

• Stayed August 2014