Seascape Condominium Rentals
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$92
US$154
US$134
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$107
US$98
  • Beachfront
US$154
US$157
US$144
  • Restaurant
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$229
Hotels.com
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$229
Travelocity
All reviewsbunk bedsab seakiddie poolliving areahot tubdirect beach accessspring breakprivate beachgreat view of the beachview from the balconythird floorcoffee potsea wallgalveston islandtubsvrboseawall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When made reservation was told beach was cleaned twice a week it was not! At check in was told by front desk that it was cleaned on Monday or Tuesday night and then again on Thursday or Friday night which was not true! After all was paid the following morning went to front desk and the same man said I didn't tell you that we have no idea when it will be cleaned! It's one thing to be honest but to be lied to then to blatantly denigh and walk off and hide in office is bad business and offending! Will never come back which is sad cause we have come for over ten years! Worst dirtiest beach in Galveston!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Amybeth81
Reviewed 24 May 2014

So, we just took our 2nd trip to Seascape in Galveston. And for the record we had an AMAZING stay on our first trip October 2013. The first condo was snug, but beautiful! The owner had thought of every last detail, and we had PERFECT weather on an almost empty beach. We planned a 2nd stay and wanted to stay in one of the oceanfront Grand Cayman 2 bedrooms. Unfortunately, our 2nd trip paled in comparison.

2 weeks before we were scheduled to arrive, I received a call from the office. They had messed up the dates of our reservations. And of course there was no more ocean front condos available. Major points lost there. So, they recommended the condo 2215. Larger, but not oceanfront. We took it, reluctantly. I decided my boys wouldn't remember the room we stayed, so much as the memories made! Here are the pros and cons ::

Pros
- condos are located far enough down the beach that there is no major crowds, noise lights, etc.
- the condos sit beachfront as opposed to having a highway in between the property and the beach.
- there's a pool, 3 hot tubs, and beach rentals

Cons
- property managers chose not to clean the beach the whole time we were there which meant waist high seaweed piles for the duration of our stay. (Seaweed is just a part of nature, and I get that. But the majority, if not ALL other beaches, were not nearly as bad. We checked.) We ended up leaving the complex to go to a cleaner beach where my kiddo could play. :(
- our condo was poorly renovated. When I say poorly, I mean it looked like they hired a bunch of 3rd graders to reno and decorate. Paint job was sloppy, weird closets, TINY bathrooms/shower, dim lighting in bathrooms, gouged/dinged walls, endtables turned into barstools. I just had a hard time believing this was the same complex, considering the quality of the first condo we stayed in.
- when the complex is at capacity, the pool area was not big enough to accomodate everyone. With the beach being a wreck, I'm sure this compounded the problem.
- we arrived back at the condo late one evening and there was no parking available in the reserved area. They will tell you they give out a limited number of these parking passes, and will tow if they find anyone parking illegally. Nobody got towed. And we parked across the parking lot and carried our 3 children back to the elevators.
- there is one elevator per building. If the bldg is rather full, you will most likely opt for the stairs rather than spending valuable time waiting on the elevator.
- staff seemed indifferent/irritated by my questions about the beach and pool area. Make sure you understand they are not a hotel!

Overall, I think the biggest thing I would like to communicate is that the experience at this complex could be varying based on time of year, volume of visitors, and the individual condo. Not sure we will take the gamble next time. If staying in Galveston again, we may opt for another property.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Erica P
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My hubby and I visited Seascape Resort and Condos for our 5th wedding anniversary vacation. We travel quite a bit and stay at resorts 80% of the time. To begin with the positive, our condo kitchen was upgraded as they advertise for so many units, the view from our condo was amazing, the bed slept decent, the staff was nice, and we absolutely loved Galveston. THAT'S ALL the positive I have to offer.

Now to the real deal, we pulled up on the grounds of Seascape Resort and IMMEDIATELY did not like the condos, but thought we would not judge a book by it's cover. We entered our condo and wanted to leave and almost did, but we flew into TX, this one week vacation was non-refundable, and we paid one year in advance through RCI Travels so the manager would not even offer us another condo. The bed literally took up 90% of the SUPER small bedroom. It also had bunk beds in the hallway, but I honestly don't know how an entire family would be comfortable in this place. We had to crawl over each other to get in and out of bed. I could not even slide to the end of the bed to get out, because the foot of the bed was to the wall. Now we understood why our condo had a queen size bed instead of a king size, otherwise we would not be able to get in the room. LOL!!!! The décor was okay, but the throw pillows and matching pillows on the table chairs were nasty. I sat on towels the entire week. The mats in the bathroom were the same. I realize the unit is individually owned, so maybe there was a better unit somewhere in the building, but we talked to other visitors who wanted to run also, but they were in the same situation. Well, we thought maybe, just maybe we could sit on the balcony and enjoy the beautiful view when we were there, but when we went on the balcony, the chairs were so rusted we could not sit in them. We told the manager we were not pleased, so he sent housekeeping to bring us new chairs for the balcony, but that's it. One more thing.....there was NO WI-FI (as advertised) in the condos. Yes, I was on vacation but I am a self-employed and needed to get on email regularly. THANK GOD FOR CELL PHONES, but when I had to use my laptop, I had to go sit in the office (that closed at 5:00 p.m.) or sit around it. One night I sat on the office stairs after closing and I was freezing, but I had to get the work done. So needleless to say, we will NEVER stay here again, but we LOVED Galveston, TX and would consider visiting there again. If you travel a lot like we do,pay a little more and stay somewhere else. I PROMISE, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: My tip is DO NOT STAY HERE, but if you just cannot afford better, do not book through a timeshare company. Only reserve through the Seascape website where you can book the room you want. Also, go with the mindset that everything will be small. Request a room facing the ocean or the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michelleugogirl
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Specifically Room 2108 was completely filthy. We expected sand since it was on the beach but... Toilet was broken. Mildew all over the tile in tub and around floor. Tub was black. Kitchen was not cleaned. The countertop was so dirty the wipe was black when cleaned. Stove was horrible to cook on. Pot was tilted on electric burner because they didn't fit. Coffee maker was broken and spilled water all over the place. Beds had hair and who knows what else all over them. Looked like they have never been cleaned before. Underneath was even worse. Could not even sleep. Booked room for two nights and only stayed one. And on top of all the problems the property does not issue refunds for nasty rooms. Yuck!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank S A
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Maybe some of the units are nice but the one we stayed in was pretty bad. We checked in and as soon as we walked into the unit we noticed a vomit smell. There were 7 of us and we all smelled it. We complained to management and they said no other units were available and they couldn't smell it. Maybe an hour later we pinpointed where the odor was coming from. It was on a large rug in the middle of the living room so we put the rug outside and sanitized the floor ourselves. Numerous problems throughout.. bathroom exhaust fan didn't work, mirror falling off bedroom dresser, 5 light bulbs were not working (we replaced them ourselves), exterior balcony doors would NOT close, none of the window shades worked and the oven/stove wobbled dangerously. The unit was generally filthy.. the bedspreads had disgusting stains on them, baseboards were filthy, air intake vent was covered with dust and grime and it's in the Kitchen, ladder on bunk beds was covered in grime. There was NO washer/dryer in the unit and NO wifi access. On the plus side, the beach, pool area and grounds were nice as well as the cleaning staff and Steve the security guard. The front office was somewhat condescending when we told them our complaints. They sent a maintenance worker who was unable to fix anything while we were there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family