“Family Vacation Love It Perfect Location”
Review of Mariner Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
Mariner Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Galveston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stay there every year Yes there could be some upgrades like pillows and bedding but it is a perfect location. The staff is very nice and helpful and we are looking forward to our trip this year. The only thing I don't like is they do not have a web sight that you can reserve your room and see the prices air conditioning is awesome pool is always clean for the price you can not beat it if you are up to do I suggest you go to one of the 5 star resorts if you are down to earth and on a budget then this is the place to go you wont be treated any better.

Room Tip: The best room is up stairs for the best view on the side facing Seawall Blvd. The ocean View
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tara T

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I travel for my job and basically live on the road so I've seen and stayed in everything imaginable. I'm a single male traveling alone so I'm not fussy and a lot of times price is more important than quality to me. I stopped here because the location was good and the sign said $35 for a single. I went in and asked the guy how much for a room and he said $45 + tax. I asked him why the sign said $35. He fumbled around with his answer before saying that it was only for a double bed and he didn't have anymore of those rooms left. It was almost 9pm and there were only 3 other cars in the lot (which is another red flag) so I knew he was lying. I asked if I could see a room, which he let me. It was exactly what I expected: cheap and smelly. I actually probably would have stayed here for $35 because I liked the location but I knew I could get a much better place for the same price he was asking, so I left.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I didn't care about the noisy fridge--unplug it, no more problem. I didn't care about the old fixtures either, or the threadbare bedding. Everything was worn, faded, damaged, and the pillows were ridiculously flat. The absolute worst thing about our room was the carpeting. It was damp, but it was also so filthy we had to wash our feet and wear shoes or slippers at all times. The wifi was the worst connection I've gotten at any motel--it was like dial-up with a 20-year-old modem. And parking was a problem if you didn't get there early. People were parking on the grass and anywhere else they could find. The view was great, but there were no other pros. The place was so bad, I would have to be very suspicious of any good reviews written about this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William S
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for some time, but it kept bringing back foul images. The location and view of the gulf on Seawall Blvd. is great!...........That is the only pro.

The room was it's self was ....ok. The bedspreads were thread bare and the sheets on one of the beds has blood stains on the side. I asked the attendant about that, but he assured me that it must be some other kind of stain. They were blood stains. He never did get them changed, so I reversed the the bed spread, turned the pillow cases inside out and slept uncovered. Later I made an attempt to call the office to report that the TV didn't work. As advertised, there was a phone. However, there was no mechanism inside of it. It was an empty phone.....just the shell. I went down to the office to report the TV and the "prop" phone. I was told that some of the phones were being replaced, and mine was one of them. The attendant brought another TV up, it didn't work either. I complained about the blood stains again, he laughed and said no one had been murdered in the room. How comforting. The replacement TV didn't work either. The 3rd one did. We left after a while, tired of theorizing about the blood stains, and went to the strand. Upon return we found there was no parking spots anywhere on the property. I went into the office to inquire about that. I was told that tourists liked to use the pool and to park there to get access to the beach, and that they couldn't control that. Right! I parked on a back street about a block and a half away. After a restless sleep, worrying about my truck getting broken into, I started looking for the coffee pot as advertised in the brochure. There was none. So, down to the office again. I was told that they used to have a coffee pot in the office, but it had broken. Perfect!

In short, the mariner Inn wast the worse place I had ever stayed in......no question!!!

Nevermore...........

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Cloudshill
Reviewed 21 May 2013

First room they gave us, we couldn't get the door open. After 30 minutes, we got into another room but by that time our 10 minutes was up. So we got charged for the night even though we didn't stay there! We fought it with our credit card and they came back stating we did stay there. Still fighting the charge. The room stunk, the shower was dirtier than a public bathroom, and where the ac was located, there was a crack where bugs could get in and the cold air escaped. My wife didn't feel safe because the door didn't shut all the way. The guy who was at the front desk when we tried to check out looked shady and agreed that it was a dump! Pretty sad when the staff says that about their place of business! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY!!! Only good thing was the location! But that didn't keep us from finding another place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Shasmo216
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Dirty, gave me the creeps! It is a dump! Pillows are flat. The shower floor was like walking on nails.
TV worked.wifi didn't. We were afraid parts of the ceiling would fall on us during the night. AC worked good. Must be new. Shady clientele! police had to come during the night for someone disturbing the guest. Crack in door, safety chain broken. Refrigerator frozen and racks were all rusty. we ate 3 mini blueberry muffins.
It is in a good location. They could fix it up for $100 a night on weekends.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CatLouisiana
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This place should be condemned! We could not check in to our beach house till the next day. We had to rent 2 rooms at an outrageous price, The rooms are very dirty, air con did not work, In our kids room we found toe nail clippings in the bed, In our room it look like the toilet above us wa going to fall through the ceiling, None of us slept that night. The only reason we stayed here was because everything else was booked up, The staff were unpolite down right ghetto, WIFI doesn't work. If you are ever in our situation save your money and sleep in your car, After this adventure we pack a tent just in case! This place isn't even suitable for a homeless person. I can't understand why they have not been shut down.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family