I'm more of a review reader than writer, but our stay was so perfect that I felt the need to share our experience. From our first step in the door to our last step out, it was wonderful. My husband and I stayed in unit 107, and were delighted with every aspect of our visit. We were welcomed (sincerely!) every time we walked into the lobby, and the staff were genuine and helpful in answering questions and providing suggestions. Even from our low floor, we had a beautiful view of the beach. As a bonus to being on a low level, we could smell the tropical flowers with every hint of breeze. It reminded me SO MUCH of my last visit to Jamaica - the air was just softly perfumed. (Kudos to the hardworking groundskeepers - I'm a very early riser and could see them tending plants by 7:00 every morning. It's obvious that they really care about the health and beauty of the vegetation.) The walk to the beach took maybe three leisurely minutes from the lobby, over a lovely boardwalk. The beach was very clean and wasn't crowded (we did stay Monday-Wednesday, so I can't promise anything to the weekenders).
The unit was well stocked with everything we could possibly need (shampoo, soap, dishes, even a little dishwasher), and plenty of beach towels were available in the lobby. We ate out at every meal, but the fridge came in handy to store leftovers for snacking. It's in a relatively secluded area, so we did have to drive everywhere; however, it was definitely worth it - we didn't have to hear any loud partying or drunken beachgoers. During our stay, most of the guests were retired couples and a few families with thankfully well-behaved children.
We couldn't ask for more, and we'll definitely, certainly, positively be back to Galveston, to the Galvestonian, and to unit 107!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston