This has been our preferred resort when we want a quick weekend getaway from Houston. It's on a quiet stretch of beach that doesn't feel crowded. The large lobby area is beautifully decorated and there is a cabinet of board games for rainy days. The pool is great for all ages and there are plenty of lounge chairs and other plush outdoor furniture.
I would recommend looking at photos of each unit on Galvestonian.com before booking as each unit is privately owned and the furnishings can vary greatly. We have stayed in unit 203 twice in the past two years. It has comfortable beds and nice den furniture but a few things went downhill a bit since since our last visit. The dining room chairs' fake leather seats were ripped and uncomfortable to sit in. In the kitchen, we would have appreciated a chef's knife instead of having to use steak knifes for food prep. Also the selection of glassware left a lot to be desired and we had two wine glasses total. Possibly the Galvestonian should do more frequent checks inside the units to make sure everything is up to par for a unit that runs $325 per night off season. I know these things are the owner's responsibility but this was a unit booked through the resort's reservations (not VRBO.com).
I must add that you will not find friendlier staff anywhere. From the front desk to the housekeepers (who come daily), everyone was always smiling and helpful. The maintenance guy who helped us figure out our cable box was so nice and even asked me how it was working when I saw him downstairs the next day. They also provide a breakfast on the weekends consisting of donut holes, fruit and juice.
This is probably one of the nicer resorts for extended stay in Galveston due to the full kitchen, amenities and beachfront location, but just do your homework and ask lots of questions before booking a unit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston