I have never understood when people write reviews and rave about the hotel staff as the reason they are adding the fifth star. I do now. Every single employee that we encountered at the Galvestonian went out of their way to make our stay as easy as possible.
Unit 112 was very cutely decorated. Nice kitchen and bathrooms and the beds were very comfortable.
Beach barbecues were very nice and the pool was large and well maintained.
Wheelchair access to the beach at this hotel was phenomenal. Very easy to get straight out to the water for a chair user. There is a wheelchair accessible ramp out to the beach and the sand is hard packed enough for any independent chair user to be able to push through down to the water.
The staff. They made us a special key for wheelchair access, brought us charcoal when we were out, always were friendly and helpful and even offered to help us get a walker for our son when he struggled with the bathroom set up. They were just always there to help out.
The view. Beautiful sunrises every morning. Unit 112 would be perfect for a family with 1-2 kids that could have some freedom but you could still keep an eye on them at the pool or beach from the room.
What needs attention:
Since these are individually owned condos there are NO truly ADA compliant rooms. While my wheelchair using son had plenty of room to move around in Unit 112, the bathroom doors were too small for him to access. We were able to work around this by lifting him in but this would not work for an adult full time chair user.
It's such a shame because the property is gorgeous and has amazing outdoor access. I hope a a few of the unit owners decide to make some accessibility upgrades inside.
We loved our stay and hope to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston