“best condo and service”

Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Big Spring, Texas
“best condo and service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

this is my 2ed time staying here on a honeymoon. I can't say enough about this place. Every condo they have faces the gulf and beach. When you walk out the back door to go on to the heated pool deck you are only feet away from the BBQ grills and palm trees and tables. Walk down the private boardwalk and you walk onto the private beach and the Gulf. At night you open your patio door and hear nothing but the waves and see all the oil rigs out in the Gulf.
In the morning you can sit and watch the ships out in the Gulf also. We even fell asleep with the patio door open and the sounds of the waves put us right to sleep. What more can you ask for.

The service is second to none. We stayed there 4 night on the 12th floor and it cost us about $800.00. They have everything you could need for a vacation. The maid service is also awesome. It is at the end of the seawall off the main road so you WON'T hear and cars or trucks.
The pic in this review is from our 12th floor patio. Nothing between you and the Gulf but sand.

Believe me this place is awesome.

Room Tip: If you can stay in a room on the 12th floor you will love the sounds of the waves.
3 Thank tjzizzo
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words! It sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend at The Galvestonian. I hope we will see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I recently spent three nights in this wonderful place. We were given a high floor(room 1110), providing a spectacular view of the Gulf, especially of the beautiful sunsets. The suite was spotless, beds incredibly comfortable. We had two balconies, one off the main room and another right out the bedroom door. If you are into TV, they had countless stations of every genre available, with DVD hookup in both bedroom and the main room. Full kitchen, everything washed up for you the next morning. My only complaint with the suite was a rather small bathroom. For two persons, not too bad, but if you have more than two staying in the suite, it could be a problem. The staff were friendly and accomodating. The facility has a very large deck, with a huge swimming pool, many tables for picnic use, and also many BBQ pits and tables. I recommend this condo to anyone who wants direct beach access (just down to boardwalk, no streets to cross) and clean accomodations. Oh, and the beach was cleaned up every morning, raked and manicured. I never saw more than a dozen people on the beach, and it was a weekend. If you are tired of loud, obnoxious crowds ruining your sea-side experience, this is your place. There is no restaurant rating because they do not have one, so you should bring your own groceries if you plan to eat in the room.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor for the great view.
4 Thank bluemax1914
Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we are located on the beach and we groom our beaches daily! We take pride in providing a clean environment for all of our guests. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. Customer service is our top priority. If you took any pictures of the sunrise or sunset during your stay, please tag The Galvestonian on Facebook. I enjoy seeing our property from our guest’s point of view. Come visit us again soon.
Port Washington, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked our condo (107) for a trip the week of April 14th. Our plans changed and unfortunately, we had to cancel our reservation. Chelita Riley was very understanding of our situation, cancelled the reservation, and refunded our deposit beyond what she was required to do for us. She was very professional and courteous. If our plans ever take us back to Galveston, we will definitely book the Galvestonian. It is nice to know someone out there understands that customer service is important.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Neil K
Customer service is our top priority here at The Galvestonian. We understand that things come up and sometimes our guests have to cancel. Of course we have a cancellation policy, but ultimately we are here to service our guests. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you will stay at The Galvestonian if you are ever in Galveston, TX!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I love this place!! Spent Easter weekend here in a 2 bedroom condo with my husband and our two boys along with my parents. Beautiful, clean beach that is maintained daily by the staff. Wonderful front desk staff that are so kind and professional. All of the condos face the beach and have daily maid service. The large pool is heated to a temp of 86 degrees and there is an attached hot tub. I liked the fact that The Galvestonian is RIGHT on the beach and is away from all the busyness of the Seawall area. Our condo was very clean and had all of the amenities of home. I am very picky when it comes to hotels but this place surpassed my expectations. We appreciated the fact that the GM came over to us while we were enjoying the beautiful outdoor seating area by the pool to make sure all was going ok. There is always coffee and hot chocolate available for free in the lobby and on the weekends fresh pastries and fruits are added to this. On Easter Sunday the staff had an Easter egg hunt for any of the little ones staying here and it was so sweet. If you want a relaxing holiday at a beautiful hotel that's right on the beach I highly recommend The Galvestonian. We are looking forward to coming back!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Gailygirl123
You have described our property perfectly! I couldn’t have described it better myself. It was very nice to meet you and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Galvestonian. If you have any pictures from the Easter egg hunt, I would love to see them. If you upload any on Facebook, please tag The Galvestonian. Thank you for your kind words and come visit us again soon!
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed in a nice unit at The Galvestonian, #912, for three nights. It was just as the pictures depicted, in good shape, very clean, with a direct gulf view and a balcony from the main room as well as one of the bedrooms. The balconies are very small but the one off the main area had a small table and 3 chairs. The balcony off the bedroom had no room for furniture. This unit has two bedrooms with a queen bed in each. Huge flat screen TV in the main area, with a smaller TV in each bedroom. Nice linens, towels, and bathroom amenities. The bed was extra hard but not uncomfortable. What keeps this unit from being excellent is mostly a problem with the water temperature. The water from every faucet ran hot, in the bathrooms as well as the kitchen. My shower just about burned me up the first night--I actually was unable to stand under the water. We finally managed to get a reasonable temperature by just barely turning on the water, but had to sacrifice water pressure. I did not at all enjoy brushing my teeth with hot water. We called the front desk to request that maintenance look into this problem and were told they were aware of the problem and were currently working on it. When we checked out, I mentioned the hot water situation again and we were told we could have gone to another unit to take our showers. (Not sure if we would have wanted to do this however. Too inconvenient.) The Galvestonian has a nice pool and grounds that were being well maintained. Each day we saw people working and cleaning. The lobby is nice, very large, well decorated with lots of seating, and the front desk is manned 24/7. There is a coffee/tea bar open at all times, with freshly brewed complimentary coffee. It just took us a couple of minutes to make our way from our unit down to the beach. We walked as far as we could on the beach toward the Pleasure Pier, (just over 2.5 miles) and found the beach to be clean. However, there were hardly any people on the beaches while we were there, as it was cool and somewhat windy. Due to the amenities, friendliness of and access to the front desk staff, and its safe/convenient location, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: View the online pictures of the individual units available to find one that suits your taste. I cal...
2 Thank pickygirl09
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty. I apologize that your stay was anything, but perfect! I am aware of the hot/cold water crossing over in the condo you stayed in. Our maintenance department is in the process of replacing the mixing valves in all of our condos. Some of the mixing valves in the condos are original to the building which was installed in 1982. However, I am sorry for the inconvenience. This issue will be resolved very soon as our maintenance department is determined to resolve this matter. Our front desk staff is available 24/7 as you mentioned and they are here to help with just about anything. They are all extremely familiar with the island and can provide directions, recommend restaurants and nearby attractions. I am happy to hear that you found our front desk staff friendly! Customer service is our top priority and we definitely try to go above and beyond to make our guests feel welcomed! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your walk on the beach and noticed how clean our beach is. We groom our beaches daily and try to provide a seaweed free environment. I am happy to hear that you would come visit us again and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay perfect, just let me know personally!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I'm a Texas teacher who was looking for a stress-free Spring Break vacation convenient to the Dallas area. I wanted a quiet place ON the beach, so I could take long walks and surround myself with the sights and sounds of the ocean . I found everything I was looking for at The Galvestonian, and I'm mighty proud of myself for doing the research that led me to a beach only 5 hours from my home! I drove in on Tuesday by myself (easy mindless drive) and my husband flew into Hobby, a short drive away on Thursday. We stayed through Sunday, checked out at noon, and we were back in the Dallas area by 6 with a stop for lunch in Huntsville.
The one bedroom condo had a great view of the pool and the beach from our 11th floor balcony. The ability to simply slide open our patio door every day and hear/see the ocean was priceless in itself! Keep on mind ALL rooms have an ocean view! As others have mentioned...impeccably clean rooms and property- maid service daily and loved the way the room smelled after she cleaned! Comfy bed although next stay we'd probably pay a little more for the 1br deluxe, so we could have the king size bed. The queen was fine, but I might like a little more room.
We never experienced anything but excellent service. Clean towels every day,
and she took out the trash, loaded the dishwasher; exceptionally friendly staff, and manager was out and about every day.
This is a quiet part of the Galveston beach, but we also loved taking a short stroll down the beach to a tiki bar where we had an umbrella drink on the deck facing the ocean...actually, I had the umbrella drink and my husband had a cold beer...and then we returned on Friday for happy hour and live music. The restaurant part of the bar offered good hamburgers, nachos, and seafood ; dogs and kids are also allowed at this place.

The pool was kept at a great temperature, so even though March is a little chilly for me to want to jump in the ocean, the pool provided the perfect alternative. One evening before heading inside to watch March Madness basketball, we sat in the hot tub conversing with a friendly couple from North Carolina. There were also several families with kids staying at the place, but they never bothered me. In fact, the walls were pretty good at keeping out noise.

Some other positives-very short drive to eat out if you want- we ate one nice dinner at The Olympia by the pier- good food and ambiance
Shopping very conveniently located and opportunities for entertainment

A negative- remodeling of condo above meant some noise during the day but I understood they needed to get it done before the busy season begins

Room Tip: I liked being on a higher level-11th
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank cIrleoflife07
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am happy you found exactly what you needed at The Galvestonian. We groom our beaches daily and take pride in providing a clean environment for all of our guests. I am glad you found your walks on the beach relaxing. It really is an added bonus that we are located on the beach. I am glad that you enjoyed the balcony patio and the view from your room. I am happy to hear that our housekeeping staff provided you with excellent service during your stay. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you have found your home away from home at The Galvestonian.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Whenever we plan on a trip to Galveston, we have stayed at the Galvestonian.
The landscaping views and wave sounds are so beautiful from every room. We highly recommend renting a condo - several sizes to choose from. The amenities cannot be beat. Convenient to the Strand and the Seawall. We rented a tandem bicycle from them to ride on the Seawall.

Room Tip: Be certain to select the size room best for the number of people and price range. We prefer floors...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank HappyCouple301
Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian! We love our loyal guests. You have described our property perfectly. We have a total of several condominiums that can be rented all varying in size. Whether our guests are here for a couple’s getaway or a family reunion, we have one, two, and three bedroom condos to accommodate all of their party needs. I am happy to hear that you took full advantage of our amenities and enjoyed cruising along the Seawall on one of our bicycles. Come visit us soon!