“Our first family vacation”
Review of The Galvestonian

The Galvestonian
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We love every second the staff is extremely friendly the beach is so close no crossing street a lot restaurant's delivery to you room really quiet we was traveling with our 7 month old baby and the have a crib ready for when we show up my 4 kids my husband and I we love it we see you in August

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I am happy to hear that you found our front desk staff friendly! Customer service is our top priority and we definitely try to go above and beyond to make our guests feel welcomed! I am happy to hear that you will be visiting us again this summer. Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I joined our friends for a short but revitalizing day at The Galvestonian. We had visited Galveston before but just for the day and were unaware of the possibilities of being able to stay in such a secluded and calming place so close to Galveston's busy community. The apartment was large, spacious and comfortable with everything you need for a great stay. The12th floor balcony was the perfect place for a magical cocktail time watching the sun come down and the seagulls parading in front of us. The expansive view was amazing! At night the Galvestonian area is dark enough for gazing at the stars. A dip in the hot tub and a walk on the very clean beach rounded up our stay. Definitely would recommend this to anyone considering a stay in Galveston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alicia5340

Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian! We are proud of the fact that we are voted # 1 on TripAdvisor. I’m pleased to know that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your balcony. Our guests love staying at the Galvestonian due to the fact that it is located on the beach and secluded from the large crowds/traffic that gathers near the seawall. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at The Galvestonian and hope you have found your home away from home in Galveston!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This condo complex was a great retreat in Galveston away from the crowds. The facilities were top notch and right on the beach. No busy thoroughfare to cross risking your life! It is a condo complex and there are no restaurants or other retail amenities, but the drive back into town is not far. Grocery, CVS, fast food, etc.is all with in about 3-4 miles. The Porch restaurant is just a stones' throw from the complex. We stayed in #209 and it was a very clean and newly renovated 1 bedroom unit with a nice balcony overlooking the pool and gulf. Great for a couple. Everything appeared to be new, right down to the dishes and silverware. The grounds were impeccably kept and the beach was raked with a tractor early each morning. I do think the chair/umbrella cost of $30.00 a day is a bit steep. We didn't use as the weather was extremely windy and the red flags flew most of the time warning of dangerous surf conditions. The pool was sparkling clean and there are ample beach towels offered to use. I found the staff to be very professional, meticulous and helpful. I don't think you can go wrong at the Galvestonian if the beach is your thing.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach front. We were in 209 and just above the pool, but were not bothered by noise at...
4  Thank NTexastraveler

Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. All of our condos have a wonderful view of the Gulf of Mexico and the fact that we are located on the beach is just an added bonus. We take pride in providing a clean environment for all of our guests. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. Customer service is our top priority. Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I went down to Galveston over the Memorial Day weekend and stayed here. The staff was extremely nice and you are right on the beach but a few miles out of town.

My main issue (not really a complaint) is that this place is a condo development that owners rent their units. I just felt like you were living in someone else's house. If you are cool with that - it won't make a different to you.

The second issue I had was that there is no restaurant or bar at the location. Make sure you stop at the grocery store coming in (again about 2 miles out of town). On the upside - they do have full kitchens.

On the positive side - there were tons of families and it looked like everyone was having a great time.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean but certainly the higher the better
5  Thank Keith L

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Galvestonian! Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves in providing a warm and friendly environment. All of our condos are individually owned and that creates a "home away from home" setting.
Our condos all have a view of the Gulf of Mexico and are all equipped with a full kitchen. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Galvestonion! The beach was cleaned each morning and the pool area was very nice. We stayed in room 1200 which was absolutely gorgeous! Newly remodeled and comfortable 3-bedroom suite with views and balconies all around and a fully equipped kitchen for cooking and super comfy beds. There is no restaurant or bar which would have made our stay even better. The staff was nice but the main annoyance was the staff taking up all of the elevators each day - fix or get a service elevator please!!! Other than that our stay was great!

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank JenFilipelli

Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian. We work very hard to keep our property well-kept and maintained for all of our guests. Having our property located on the beach is an added bonus. Our service elevator was down during your stay, but has now been fixed. I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused. I hope you reconsider staying at The Galvestonian on your next trip to Galveston.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good upscale place for the whole family. Clean manicured lawn and beach. Next time will plan on buying groceries on the way in to take advantage of their grilling facilities. Pool very nice and clean. Will return again this year!

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor next to the pool. The higher you stay the better the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Todd R
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we groom our beaches daily! We take pride in providing a clean environment for all of our guests. Next time you visit you should definitely bring some groceries and have a barbeque outside. Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was my first time to Galveston - my husband and I were looking for a short getaway from Dallas. We chose The Galvestonian based on trip advisor reviews and it worked out great. The front desk was so friendly and our condo was great. I loved having the balcony and a view of the ocean. It has excellent beach access - it was a bit chilly with the wind, so having the heated pool was nice. Food/restaurants were a short drive, next time I think we'll rent bikes so we don't have to drive everywhere. Sometimes kids would take over the pool and hot hub but not much you can do about that. I've already reserved another stay for later in the summer - so I definitely recommend!

Room Tip: I like the view from higher floors!
4  Thank Lindsey B
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. All of our condos have a wonderful view of the Gulf of Mexico and the fact that we are located on the beach is just an added bonus. I am happy to hear that you will be visiting us again this summer.