“Clean, new family friendly hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
TEXAS
“Clean, new family friendly hotel”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Wanted a getaway with kids before school started. Booked reward nights here for two nights. Easy to get to and plenty of parking. Lobby small but decor nice. Brand new hotel. Greeted by Heather with smile and efficiency and already had my info printed out in front of her with key cards to room and wifi access code. Was upper floor as requested but not end of hallway as is my standard request. Room was adjacent to elevator and ice machine. I am a light sleeper so asked if another room available. With apologies no. However good noise insulation as we never heard noise outside the room. Balcony view of gulf. Nice pool with 2 spa tubs outside and a great little hot breakfast each morning featuring eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon or sausage, a pancake maker, muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee and milk. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a weekend, and I must say our stay was fantastic. We stayed here during Mardi Gras, so we knew the hotel would be busy, but we still got taken care of. The hotel even had a shuttle that would take their guests to where Mardi Gras parade/Galveston Downtown was at. My friend and I go to Mardi Gras every year and we have already decided to definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed for the weekend and everything went good, housekeeping staff was nice and front desk staff recommended great places to eat. Hotel is located on the west end of the island, hotel has two spas and a pool witch were enough for us since it was so hotel in Galveston. I would stay there again.

Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The housekeeping ladies go above and beyond, and do an excellent job. They even took the time to make a bed for my daughter's doll, which was a cute surprise. Our only issue was with the guy on duty Monday evening (Jacob) not having our reservation from the 1-800-HOLIDAY number, and charging us almost 3 times our quoted price. This was resolved at checkout but I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve an internal Holiday Inn issue that Jacob should have taken the initiative to resolve.

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I recently took our grandkids, ages 8 and 5, to Galveston and very much liked our stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Our very pleasant room was on the 3rd floor with a small balcony overlooking the swimming pool with a view of the Gulf.

The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast room was large and the breakfast selection was very good, appealing to both the little kids and grownups.

The pool was nice with two adjoining hot tubs. Pool towels were supplied and there were adequate lounge chairs and umbrella tables. My husband sat and read while the rest of us swam.

One of the hot tubs had brownish water, which I forgot to mention to the staff. The kids enjoyed it, anyway, and have suffered no illness from the dirty-seeming water. Maybe it was just caused by beach sand.

The beach across the street is rocky. If you want to swim at a beach you need to walk (or preferably drive) east down the seawall to get to a sandy beach. We drove west a couple miles to Galveston Island State Park and enjoyed the beach there.

It took too long for the front desk to answer the phone, but when they did, they were pleasant. They were very busy. That is why I marked down the service rating a notch.

It was a thoroughly pleasant hotel.

2 Thank BDeming
austin, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is located on the end of town so not right in the middle of everything. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was very good. Everything you would want to eat was there in plenty! The pool was nice and there are two hot tubs. The staff was very helpful both checking in and out. There was covered parking and open parking which was nice since it was raining when we left. The only thing I found wierd was the hallway carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in quite awhile and could use a good cleaning. The carpet in the room was vacuumed but needs to be cleaned. We will stay there again! We paid $239 for a Sat. night which is a bit pricey but what are you to do? It was the best price I found.

Room Tip: They have rooms on the front that face the ocean. If you can't get one of those get an ocean vie...
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had a lot of problems with this hotel. Our room smelled and it was not cleaned well. A couple of the front desk employees were very good but others were not. The pool was broke more than it was operational. The only good thing about the hotel was food. Lots of choices and the staff working the kitchen were very professional and nice. I left an article of clothing there after we checked out and I was basically told that I never left it there. So they made me feel like I was lying. I have left a review for the hotel on another site and at least the corporate office addressed it. My recommendation is stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Melissa A,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels