Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I spent a night here to do some site seeing for 2 days and didn't want to drive 2 days to Houston. The hotel was easy to find, plenty of parking both in the front and rear. I was given a 4th floor room with a good view of the sea, the room was clean and quite. The breakfast was ok, could have been better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank firebear1961
Mehmet Ç, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for choosing us and for taking time to write your review. We highly value your feedback. I am glad to read that you liked our rooms and hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We booked this hotel through our IHG Rewards program, and the check in instructions indicated a 4:00pm check in. We arrived at 4:00pm and it took hotel staff until 5:00pm to have our room ready. Our time was spent waiting in the dining room and when the clerk finally told us our room was ready, I followed her to the desk, and she promptly answered the phone. I returned to the dining room and I approached the desk two more times, both times, she answered the phone. Knowing that we had been waiting for one hour, one would think that live guests would be her top priority. Not so. I asked what kind of compensation the hotel might consider to offset our inconvenience, and I was told that there would be no compensation. I asked to speak to the manager on duty...and was told there was none. Ah ha! there's the problem. We arrived at our room only to find that the receptionist had neglected to program our key cards! Back to the lobby. Later we discovered a beer can full of ashes on our balcony and that the bathroom had no conditioner. Back to the Lobby... On the bright side, the room was good, the bed and pillows were comfortable and it was nice to have a small balcony. Still...with all the hotel options on the island, and even-though I am a loyal Holiday Inn patron and rewards program member, I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Ralph L,

Ben J

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went with my family for some little vacations, we were looking for something close to the beach and we decided to stay at holiday inn express. The check in was ok, but when we went to the room i found the bathroom really dirty there was dust and hair in the toilet, mold on the courtain windows dust on the headboard i told to the front desk guy and what he told me wasnt really helpful.
Definetly... I would never stay in this hotel...

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Nallely06
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Nallely06,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness of your accommodations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and I found it really clean and had a nice terrace and view to the sea! Bed was really comfortable, the only thing was the the TV do not have many options but to buy movies. I liked to get a higher floor to have sea view and a terrace!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lulu078
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The staff was great, room was clean, breakfast lacked but the girl who runs it made up 150% for that. Great value, great place...right on seawall where everything is. Will stay again summer 2014! Just a good place overall.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Only stayed one night, but it was great for my family. We were going to an event at Moody Gardens, but that hotel was full. This one was really close and came with a fridge and microwave, which is a neccessity when travelling with small kids. The bed was okay, not the worst I've slept on, but not the best. I might have expected a little bit better on that from Holiday Inn, but the free hot breakfast was great (omlettes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, etc.) with lots of choices. Check in seemed kind of late (4:00), but we weren't ready to check in until after that anyway, so it didn't affect us.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We needed a one-night stay for overflow of an extended family weekend at a friend's beach house. I reserved a room with two queen beds for my wife and I and our grandson. We arrived late, about 9:45 PM, after dinner with family. I was given room 226 and two magnetic keys by the young woman at the desk. Strangely she also questioned me about my loyalty account and asked how long I had been a member? I was told there was parking either in front or around the back in a parking garage. I was told there was elevator access there. Since there were no parking slots left in front of the hotel, we drove to the back and the lower garage and parked. Neither of our keys would unlock the door to the elevator access area. I left my wife and grandson and walked back around the hotel to go in the front to the desk to get new keys. The young woman was nowhere in sight. I called out asking if anyone was there, but got no response. I decided to just go down in the elevator since I assumed I could open the door from the inside for my wife and grandson. When I got there someone else exiting the hotel had already let them in, but said that their keys would not open the door from the outside either!

We simply went straight to the second floor and to room 226. When we arrived, the door was ajar, held open by the hinged safety latch. The room was dark. We called out and when no one answered, we pushed the door open. The room was had not been cleaned. Sheets and towels (I assume dirty) were piled in the floor and the beds were not made. We left and returned to the front desk with our luggage. No one was still there. When we called out a young man appeared. When I explained the situation, he apologized profusely and began typing on the computer. After a couple of minutes, he said he would move us to room 302, a free upgrade to a suite with a window overlooking the gulf. While he was on the computer I happened to look over the counter and saw a sheet laying there with maybe 8 to 10 room numbers on it. Apparently it was some form from housekeeping. Most of the room numbers had “checks” beside them, but maybe 4 had the word “No” written beside them. One of these was room 226!

We went up to room 302. Our keys worked. Upon opening the door, however, there was a very strong musty smell. There were all clean towels in the bathroom. Both beds had the duvet’s and top sheets smoothed tightly and tucked in on the sides. The pillows, however, were all in disarray and not smoothed at all. Pulling back the duvets and top sheets revealed fitted sheets that had a “rumpled” appearance. They were certainly not smoothed and stretched. They did appear clean as best we could tell. My grandson noticed several stains, however, on the top of the duvet on his bed. Being as it was as late as it was by now and what we had already been through, we decided to just gut it up and stay in the room. The next morning we discovered to our dismay that there was only decaf coffee packets. When we decided to just drink that and get some more coffee after we showered and dressed, we found that the coffee-maker stopped up and the grounds holder overflowed the sides!

Things did not get too much better at breakfast. The sausage was good as was the yogurt, but the scrambled eggs were totally tasteless and inedible! We were glad to leave and will certainly not ever darken the doors of this particular hotel again. I’m sure we will stay at other Holiday Inn Expresses since we have always previously had good experiences there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MaroonDawg67
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear MaroonDawg67,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you encountered and for any discomfort you may have experienced. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D