Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$155
US$189
US$156
  • Beachfront
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$167
US$165
  • Restaurant
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$201
US$196
  • Pool
US$322
US$206
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$272
Priceline
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
US$420
US$315
Priceline
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleanheated poolthe entire staffsea walltobycerealpetsharveyseawallhurricane
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Decent accommodation for a decent price. It met my expectation based on the price I paid. Staff is good, facility is clean which is important when you are going to spend some time in the hotel. Overall, good location, clean facility, good service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to share the review with the staff. Red Roof Inn prides itself on providing a nice stay at a nice price. I am happy to hear that we succeeded. I hope you will choose Red Roof Inns for your future travels, especially to Galveston.

Kathleen Trindade

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel for Madi Gra weekend. Expextations were more than met. Nice rooms clean and smelled fresh. Hot Showers too. I have read prior reviews and i was not what others have wrote unless it changed for the best. If you had a bad stay try it again. And they allow pets.

Room Tip: Pool View is nice to look at
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are constantly working to improve and great reviews tell us that we are on the correct path.

Red Roof Inns are very pet friendly and allow one well-behaved household pet per room with no extra fees. It is always nice to travel with your whole family, including the four-legged members.

I look forward to your future visits to Galveston, which is just a quick getaway from Houston.

-Kathleen

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here last night to be nearby for Mardi Gras festivities. I had to be moved from my first room because the shower curtain was covered in mold. Also the bath tub drain was clogged and backed up. The rooms could have been much cleaner and I expected more being that I paid $200 that night.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kimberlynn C
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I apologize for a stay that was "not what you had hoped for." I appreciate the time you have given to provide feedback. I will be using this information to improve our procedures to find these issues when they occur and proactively fix items like this. Red Roof Inn is a great place to stay close to the beach and all of the restaurants along the Seawall, and I apologize that we failed to make that first good impression with you.

I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to demonstrate that this hotel is good choice for any future travels to Galveston.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Enjoyed the clean and efficient room. If you are looking for a mid- ranged hotel on the seawall, here it is. Staff is friendly and helpful. As with anywhere, improvements can be helpful (they were painting the days we stayed) but if you are looking for a nice hotel to stay at for a reasonable price, here it is. We will be back to the island some day and will probably be staying at this hotel again. Staff was as good as I have seen in any hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room farthest from the seawall as possible. There will be no gulf view but the quality rest you get for the next day will be well worth it. Parking will also be much more available and handy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the restaurant, Tortugas, next door. Our rates are very competitive with hotels on the seawall. We offer a continental breakfast, spacious rooms, and, of course, a warm and friendly staff.

We hope you will come back to Galveston and visit us and our remodeled lobby.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This motel has exterior entry, an old property changed name three times recently....stayed here multiple times, but this will be the last. Elevator is old, mildewed, scary, trashy, and hard to access. Service is not very friendly. Rooms have been updated but non smoking rooms smell like smoke. Smoke detector is not connected to wall. A large bag of garbage greeted us at our door. Half of the outlets in the room do not work. There was no table in our room, but visible in all other rooms. Locked front office after hours, not welcoming. Difficult to find rooms, signage needs to be updated.

Convenient location, but far from resort status.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Melissa I
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Yes, the hotel has changed brands a couple of times now. We are working quickly to correct all of the items you have listed in the month that we have been Red Roof Inn. This hotel will be a great hotel in the near future. All of our rooms offer microwave, fridge, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and coffee maker. We are on the beach in beautiful Galveston, Texas.

As to the service not being friendly, I would appreciate speaking to you to find out where we went wrong. Red Roof Inn strives to provide superior service to all of our guests.

I hope you will change your mind and gives us another chance.