Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have been to a lot of hotels that are on the beach that allow dogs. This was very nice, since it was a 3 day Holliday price was high but expected. They did not charge extra for the dog, that was very nice. They kept the room clean and supplied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for the good review. I will share your comments with the team. It is good to know what we did well.

I hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We are here as of now. We have NO towels, despite asking for them 4 times now. We are in a room with two full size beds. They are clean and comfortable. The rooms have a dorm fridge and a small microwave. No coffee maker. No towels. Did I say no towels? REALLY? We are at the beach!
No beach view either. But the desk staff was friendly and the room is clean, and they take pets. Maybe we'll get a beach house next time---. BTW, the Wifi is working so I could write this review.

Room Tip: Nothing will help.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I appreciate the notification about the towel situation. I apologize for the towel shortage. It is definitely an item that we continue to address.

It seems like everything else was acceptable. We do try to provide a clean room at a competitive price.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Kathleen Trindade

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just returned from weekend getaway to Galveston with my young son. No shampoo, 1 wash cloth, 2 towels, ridiculous "continental" breakfast, and dirty all around. Only thing clean was the pool. YUCK!!!!

Room Tip: Location is the only reason to go here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to make a review. Your feedback is valuable in assisting us in improving the quality of the inn. Please feel free to contact me with more specifics. I would appreciate any detail that you can add so that I can address the issues.

I hope you will consider staying with us in the future. The location is great and we are working to improve any deficient areas.

Kathleen Trindade

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The staff was really nice,the only problem was the WiFi kept shutting off and then it quit working for the last two days we stayed there. The front desk told us to call the WiFi provider ,when we did we kept getting the run around that it would work in an hour but it didn't.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank gsx90
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

I appreciate the kudos to the staff. We did indeed experience WiFi issues last week. After much run around from the vendors that handle our WiFi, I believe that they have found the issue and it is working well. I apologize for the frustration you must have experienced and I completely sympathize with that frustration. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the staff while handling a unique problem.

I hope you will not let the internet glitch during your stay keep you from booking with Red Roof Inn in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My boyfriend and I checked in on May 11, 2014. We got there early and was told our room would be ready in about an hour. So we asked if we could change and wait by the pool. They said that was fine. WRONG !! I had to ask for a trash bag to clean up the entire pool area myself !! Beer glass bottles, food wrappers, soda and beer cans every place, grapes and other half eaten food all over the tables, and beer bottle tops that could cut a bare foot.
When we finally got our room almost 2 hours later, we were told it would face the pool or the ocean. WRONG again. We were facing a brick wall ! And the room was filthy! So we were moved to another room and it was so much worse than the last one, but we could at least see the ocean. There was water still in the bath tub, pubic hair both on the floor, on the toilet seat and on the edge of the tub. No towels or wash cloths or hand towels. Just one bath mat! We called the front desk for towells and they said they were out! The toilet was so filthy I wouldn't dream of even squating over it let alone sit on it! There were holes in the sheets, mold of some sort all along the base boards in the bathroom and the shower curtain was so nasty they had to change it !
We both have alergies and began sneezing and caufing so I checked the a/c filters ! They were so black you couldn't see threw them ! But there was also dryer sheets stuffed in the filters that were just as black !! There was no shampoo or anything. Just 1 small bar of soap. There was a coffee pot, but nothing to go with it. Thank Goodness I always bring my own coffee pot, towells and coffee with me !! We had a smoking Superior King room and there wasn't even an ashtray in the room. No tablet, no ink pin, no phone book, no nothing! The night table lamp shade had at least 10 cracks in it and the blanket and bed spread smelled like urine. THE SO CALLED HEATED POOL WAS FREEZING ! We HAD MAINT. CHECK THE TEMP AND HE SAID THE WATER WAS 84 DEGREES !! i KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT WAS NO WHERE THAT WARM. There were no towels for the pool area. Again, I always bring mine from home. I WAITED TILL LATE AT NIGHT, AFTER MIDNIGHT , TO TAKE MY SHOWER AND THE WATER WAS BEARLY WARM.
This was suppose to be the weekend my boyfriend was going to "pop the question" but with all that went wrong, he decided to wait.
At breakfast the next morning we talked to people who had to wait hours to get checked in and also had no towells or anything else. One couple who just got married the day before was lucky enough to get 8 wash cloths and 8 towels !!
I must admit our first night we didn't get charged for, but even so, that just didn't seem like enough. I even offered to come and train the cleaning staff on my own time !! My 7 year old grand child could have cleaned better than these people did !

Room Tip: I would not recomend any room here until they get a crew that knows how to clean a room properly !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatriciaB122154

Thank you for the detailed feedback. We appreciate the time that you have taken to list where we can improve. Your review has been shared with all of the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure we do not disappoint our guests in these areas in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I think it's great if you want to travel with your dog . But I think the hotel should keep rooms that allow dogs and should have rooms set aside for no dogs. We opened the door to our room to get the over whelming smell of dog .

Room Tip: Ask to go in room first and give a sniff
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carla A

You make a great point. While we do try to keep pets on the same floor and deep clean rooms following a pet stay, some guests bring their four-legged family members and do not advise the front desk. I apologize for the odor in your room.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn and we will work to manage the pet rooms more efficiently.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com