Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$91
ComfortInn
US$158
US$138
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
US$98
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$100
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$116
US$106
  • Beachfront
US$154
US$148
US$144
  • Restaurant
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleanpool was heateddecent hotelsea wallthe entire stafftobycerealharveyseawallpetshurricaneport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was one if the BEST Red Roofs we've been in, especially for an exterior door hotel!!! But we choose an "Ocean View Room" and would have had to walk out in the balcony and look left to see a "glimmer" of the Gulf. They did move us to another room so the glimmer was disable from our room window. We were in the 4th floor (highest one) too. Just so you know. Otherwise, GREAT HOTEL, great staff.

It would be nice to have the pool open for adults only from 10-12 midnight for those wanting to relax without being splashed. Just a suggestion.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Doug E
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. The lobby of the hotel does obstruct the view of the gulf from most of the rooms. The hotel is directly across the street from the beach. The fishing pier across the street provides a beautiful view, too.

I love your idea about an "Adults Only" swim time to enable some calmer swimming without the kids splashing.

We look forward to future stays with us.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The porter, Terry, who just started employment at the hotel was one of the key factors of our great stay at Red Roof Inn Galveston. Carts were a little hard to find but he found one and had us loaded up, showed us the way to our room, and had us moved into our room in record time. We are new parents with a toddler so the amount of boxes and bags and toys he moved for us was impressive! On checkout he found us a cart and had us moved out just as efficiently. Additionally, the front desk staff was absolutely helpful and understanding (they took the lock charges incurred by little fingers off our bill). Great location next to the Kroger, Rita's surf and supply shop, and the best happy hour on the island at Tortuga's, this is a great place for a budget get-away. P.S. Ask Terry to sing for you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris B
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Wow! Thank you so much for recognizing one of our outstanding team members. Terry and the rest of the staff enjoy making people smile. I am glad to hear that he brought a smile to your family while you were here.

I read your review to Terry. He was so thrilled. I also made him sing for the staff. We did not know that we had such a great singer working here.

I hope you will stay with us in the future. Check out Galveston.com for the many events in the winter that are offered. Galveston Island is a great place to come in the winter, too.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Definitely not one of the best budget motels on the Island. By looking at the pictures, you would expect a little more right? I always knew the outside looked much more impressive than the inside. When we got there, I noticed obvious blemishes inside of the room. Poor attempt of covering something on the wall using caulk. Similar thing with the restroom ceiling. The bathroom was not clean. Hair all over the floor. Do these people believe in doing more than just taking your money? The room was just ok. I guess the only good thing I can say about it was the shower head was powerful and at least it got hot?! I was actually here when this place was called, Beachfront Palms Hotel back in July 2013 and I can't remember anything really bad then. Then again I'm sure this subpar room has always been here then perhaps even back then. Good side: Close to the beach, some 4th level rooms have a view, although distant, of the beach. Looks well on the outside more so than the inside or at least my particular room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley A

Thank you for your feedback on the hair in the bathroom. I will show all of the housekeeping staff your comments to improve our cleaning processes. Red Roof Inns acquired this property on January 1 and since then we have worked to go into every room and repair any issues we find.

We appreciate the comments as we work to improve in all areas to make the inside look as good as the outside.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We have had good experience with other red roof in hotals but this is the worse 1 I been to. The phone didnt work and the plug in outlet didnt work, and tv volume was bad it would b load one minute then nothing next. they lied about having wifi but didnt and on other website says they hav a gym but they dont

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raul S
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

My apologies for the items not working in your room. I would appreciate speaking with you further about the issues that you experienced. We are working diligently to address maintenance items during this busy summer on the island.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We came to Galveston for a night with our kids 7 and 4. My husband has never stayed at a Hotel so I was a little nervous about letting him down. We absolutely loved this hotel! EVERYBODY is so nice. At first they had gave me a smoking room, I of course couldn't stay because it smelt so bad and I have kids. I called the front desk and they immediately switched me rooms! When we got to the room it was perfect. Clean, cold, and very comfortable. All the employees are very nice. Except the guy doing Breakfast, he has an attitude. Other than that....I'm very pleased!!!!! We'll for sure be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda C

I am so happy that your husbands first experience in a hotel was a good one. It is appreciated that you took the time to write the review. I have shared this review with all of the staff. I hope you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel in addition to the friendly staff.

I hope to see you and your family in future visits to Galveston Island.