“Good lunch at the pier”

Olympia the Grill at Pier 21
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia the Grill at Pier 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 314 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on a working harbor with a great view of vessels going up and down the channel and dolphins frolicking in the bay. The best seafood and view of the sunset in Galveston. We offer private dining for between 10 and 300, and have accommodated many large functions such as the Commemoration of the USS Fort Worth, many weddings, bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinners. We are also within easy walking distance of the Strand on Pier 21.
“Good lunch at the pier”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We are from New England and visited Galveston recently. We stopped here to see the movie, "The Great Storm" and went to lunch at the Olympia at about 1:00 PM on a Wednesday, sitting outside on the deck. I think we were the only patrons at this time as many booths were being set up for the "Lone Star Bike Rally" planned for the weekend which were obstructing access to the Pier area.
My wife ordered the Veggie Pita with a fresh fruit side which she fully enjoyed while I ordered the Grilled Chiken Pita which was loaded with delicious chicken. I had the rice for a side which was OK. I would order the fruit if I return again.
We had a nice conversation with the waiter as he had nothing better to do due to the lack of customers. I'm sure they'll make it up with the 300,000 bikers expected for the weekend. The bikers we encountered we're well behaved and friendly but I'll be glad to be leaving on Friday.

Visited October 2013

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Delish”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We eat breakfast here before any cruise we take. It's right on the water, the food is fresh and delicious and the service is great. An excellent place to sit and watch the dolphins and enjoy a great meal.

Visited June 2013
Webster, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty average especially for the price”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our friend raved about the place, and it wasn't bad, but then again it is
anything but memorable. Its very nice inside and the service was like the food: just ok.
I would try another place the next time I'm in Galveston.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Waterfront Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We went for lunch and had a great time. We just loved being on the waterfront and seeing the dolphins. Service was fantastic. The Greek influence was a nice touch. My husband opted for Greek food and I did Creole and the dishes were perfectly done. I found the menu items very affordable, especially for the quality. Would definitely go back if we're in the area!

• Visited October 2013
Hutto, Texas, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We went here a lot on our trip since it was right below our hotel. We had drinks during Happy Hour our first day. The waitress was very nice and we had fun watching the boats in the harbor. The next day we had lunch here and my husband had the fish sandwich and I had a hamburger. Both were good. We sat outside on both of these occasions. Our last night we had dinner inside. I was impressed with the food, but the atmosphere was different inside. It was very loud. We had to keep repeating ourselves because we could not hear each other even sitting across the table from each other. We did have great service and liked the food. We would chose to eat outside and not inside.

Visited October 2013