“Large portions, fast service”
Review of Salsa's

Salsa's
Ranked #25 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Opened in January 1998 by Jorge and Antonio Oyervides and a friend, Frank Diaz, Salsas Mexican & Seafood Restaurant is their first restaurant, though the three have been in the restaurant business for more than 24 years. Salsas is located at 4604 Seawall Boulevard - and features plenty of parking, a breathtaking Gulf view from our enormous outdoor patio, and beautiful sunshine.Our fine Mexican restaurant is bright, clean and colorful. Each table features two tantalizingly-different salsas, along with crispy, light tortilla chips. The menu offers traditional Mexican dishes like chicken or beef fajitas, enchiladas and burritos, plus some not-so-traditional platters such as seafood with a south-of-the-border flair. We invite you to savor your favorite dish and enjoy our frothy, refreshing margaritas. Happy Hour is Monday thru Friday from 3pm to 7pm. Salsas offers a daily Lunch Special from 11am to 3pm Monday thru Friday. Pickup orders are welcomed; simply call ahead. We look forward to serving your entire family!Salsa's Mexican Restaurant offers a breathtaking Gulf view from our enormous outdoor patio, and beautiful sunshine. Enjoy our colorful, delicious Mexican food along with a frothy, refreshing margarita.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were on our way to Fuddruckers when we passed Salsa's and everyone decided they wanted Mexican. It was dark and cool inside and we were quickly supplied with salsa and chips. The red salsa was fresh and mildly hot with an excellent fresh flavor. The green was creamy and even more mildly hot. I ordered a frozen margarita which came in a regular drinking glass but was strong enough and quite tasty. Our food was ample and attractively plated and uniformly delicious. My wife and daughter-in-law shared a fajita platter for one and each of them had plenty. My Acapulco platter was more than plenty for one and each of the children enjoyed their plates as well. I asked for and recieved some sliced jalapenos which brought the heat level up just right and all of us are ready for our next trip to Galveston so we can enjoy another meal at Salsa's.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

"More than plenty" -- we do our best to make sure that nobody leaves hungry! Sounds like you loved every bite, and we couldn't be happier to hear that. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to join us again next time you're in Galveston!

Cheers,

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love Salsa's. When we want Mexican food on the island we go here. Love it. Good food and good service. Their drinks are awesome and if you love sweeeeet tea it's the bomb! If you visit the island visit Salsa's.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We love making you feel at home! From sweet tea to something a little stronger :) and all the delicious dishes in between, it sounds like you've had some great times with us. What's your favorite thing on the menu? We'll see you next time you're in Galveston, but until then, thanks for reviewing us!

Take care,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went for dinner on a Saturday evening around 7:00pm. Expected a wait but OMG it was ridiculous and there were SO MANY EMPTY TABLES!! We waited at the bar and had drinks. It was FILTHY AND THE SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE. Once we go to the table service was slow and the beef fajitas were touch and over cooked. Won't be going back again. SO Disappointing!!!

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We work hard to serve all of our customers a great taste of our favorite Mexican dishes, so I'm sorry we fell short. Folks usually rave about our fajitas and our service, so I feel that we must have been having an off night. There's no excuse for that, and I apologize, but I hope you'll give us a chance to make this up to you. Until then, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food was very bland although I will say the two salsas were good.
Service was slow and he never came back to check on us until we needed the check. Won't be back.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Our customers usually rave about our dishes, so I'm sorry that you walked away unimpressed. What did you order? Anything you can tell us about what you tried will only help us become better, so don't hesitate to give me a shout if you want to get into the nitty-gritty!

Best,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had dinner there last Sunday night at the recommendation of the front desk lady at our hotel.
This is a large, fun, casual, inexpensive and family friendly place.
Service wasn't super fast but they were very busy.
Our waiter was nice and I started with a top shelf margarita and decided I better just have one - it was strong - and yummy.
The cheese dip on first bite I wasn't sure what I thought of it, very different. Around the third bite, I was in love! A basic cheese dip just a different flavor that I couldn't figure out. Try it, you will like it!
I had the Alcapulco platter which was an enchilada, a tamale and a taco. All of it was super good! I usually don't like tamale in a Mexican restaurant, but this one was good. My daughter had an encherrito (I am sure I spelled that wrong) and she really liked it as well. They were large plates of food and we left very little.
There is a mariachi band that walks around playing which was fun to listen to.
I would go back to this restaurant if I was in the area.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Yup, those margaritas will get ya! ;) From drinks to our mariachi band to all those tasty bites, it sounds like y'all had a great sample of our favorite dishes. It was a pleasure to be a part of your trip, and to read your review. Can't wait to have you back next time you're in Galveston!

Cheers,