“Great Mexican Food!”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opened in January 1998 by Jorge and Antonio Oyervides and a friend, Frank Diaz, Salsas Mexican & Seafood Restaurant is their first restaurant, though the three have been in the restaurant business for more than 24 years. Salsas is located at 4604 Seawall Boulevard - and features plenty of parking, a breathtaking Gulf view from our enormous outdoor patio, and beautiful sunshine.Our fine Mexican restaurant is bright, clean and colorful. Each table features two tantalizingly-different salsas, along with crispy, light tortilla chips. The menu offers traditional Mexican dishes like chicken or beef fajitas, enchiladas and burritos, plus some not-so-traditional platters such as seafood with a south-of-the-border flair. We invite you to savor your favorite dish and enjoy our frothy, refreshing margaritas. Happy Hour is Monday thru Friday from 3pm to 7pm. Salsas offers a daily Lunch Special from 11am to 3pm Monday thru Friday. Pickup orders are welcomed; simply call ahead. We look forward to serving your entire family!Salsa's Mexican Restaurant offers a breathtaking Gulf view from our enormous outdoor patio, and beautiful sunshine. Enjoy our colorful, delicious Mexican food along with a frothy, refreshing margarita.
“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Salsa's food was incredible. Their two different salsas are both great! We plan to go again for sure- the staff was friendly and prompt and the atmosphere is really fun.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
So glad you enjoyed every bite, Katie! We can't wait to have you back!

Cheers,

“Very Good”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ate here on our recent trip to Galveston. The service was very good. The food was very good and the prices were normal. I would go back if I vacation in Galveston again.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Can't wait to have you back again, Samuel! Thanks for the great review!

Cheers,
Fort Worth
“Not What It Use To Be & PAY ONLY WITH CASH”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This eatery is not the great food it use to be. It's not bad but not as good as others. We got fairly good portions of not so great food for an expensive price.

To add to an already "so so meal", when my daughter went to pay, she was told that American Express terminals must be down because they couldn't take her card at that time (even though other places had already taken her card?). We used my card and left but not before hearing the same story being told to 2 other tables.

The next day, my daughter found that they had swiped her card twice and both times the charges went through. We went back to Salsa's and talked to the manager who told us that the charges wouldn't actually go through so not to worry. Not to worry? $100 of her vacation money way being held and unusable. Before we left, several more customers were being told the very same thing.

The problem is that my daughter's card was being accepted other places in Galveston. PAY ONLY WITH CASH IF YOU GO HERE JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I'm sorry about the confusion with your daughter's credit card. As we mentioned, we were seeing an error in regard to American Express cards, but all charges were voided. As such, your bank should have canceled the charges within a few days. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope this has been resolved. If not, let me know and we'll do everything we can to make it right.

Best,
Galveston, Texas
“The view is better than the food!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

In a town with Mexican restaurants galore, Salsa's has 2 things to recommend it: hefty margaritas and a beachfront location. The food is mediocre, especially the "specialties" like chiles rellenos, which were greasy and filled with unidentifiable meat. We went on a Sunday and were seated quickly, then pretty much ignored. No refills on water or tea, half the table's food came out, leaving the other half of our folks for another 15 minutes--those of us with food went ahead and ate before the grease started congealing. Also, most of the dishes like taco plates, those icky chile rellenos, enchiladas, etc. were about $2 more than the same dish (of better quality) at other Mexican restaurants in town. We won't be back.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
None of your dishes should have been this greasy, so I'm very sorry that we fell short. Unless otherwise specified, the Chile Rellenos are stuffed with a mixture of rice, beans, cheese and ground beef, and that should have been evident. I'll talk with the team about that immediately, but I wish we could have done more to impress you. Most of our customers rave about our dishes and our service, so I know we have what it takes to show you a great time. I hope we'll get a chance to do that soon, but until then, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,
Raymore, Missouri
“Nothing really special.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We ate dinner here and I was really hoping for something amazing being so far south. But, it wasn't anything special; not bad just not great. I'd probably try another Mexican place that rates higher up the tripadvisor list if I were to go for Mexican in Galveston again.

Visited August 2014
Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I'm sorry our beans didn't blow you away. Which kind did you order? We're always open to suggestions, so let me know if you have any ideas! In the meantime, I hope we'll have another chance to wow you next time you're in Galveston.

Best,