“Glad we did this!”

Ghost Tours of Galveston
Ranked #6 of 68 Tours in Galveston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Original Strand Ghost Tour:Galveston's very first public,year round walking ghost tour. Filled with history, mystery and legend. The #1 ghost tour in the state of Texas and the #2 most popular ghost tour in America! 100% fascinating! This tour meets on the steps of the Railroad Museum (25th and Strand Street) Mon-Sat. at 7:30 p.m., and on Sunday at 6 p.m.; it is also the only all-year around tour.The Secret Society Cemetery Tour:Come and uncover the hidden and buried secrets of Galveston's very own residents!Time travel with us and walk through the lives of the strange and infamous of Galveston's haunted past. Truth is stranger than fiction! This tour meets at the entrance gate of the Old City Cemetery on 43rd and Broadway Street on Sat. and Sun. at 6 p.m.. Times and days are subject to change.For any inquiries, call our information line at (409) 877-1794. The price for both tours is $15 for adults, $10 for children 10 years old and younger. No reservation required( with a limit of 100 people per tour).
Lake Jackson, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Glad we did this!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Family of four met Kimber, our tour guide, on a Friday night at 7:30pm in front of The Strand's historic rail road station building. About 10 others joined our tour. We took the "original ghost tour". We found the tour very interesting, learning about Galveston's history and the reasons why this area has reports of many hauntings. We found Kimber interesting and professional. The tour basically has the group walk down The Strand and then ending at the Tremont hotel, while tour guide tells you about the history, reported hauntings in several of the buildings, along with several ghost stories. A short break was provided so we could hydrate or de-hydrate as needed. We did not see any ghosts on this particular tour, but we did experience a presence later that evening in our room #555 at Hotel Galvez (bathroom lights mysteriously turned off while son was washing up). We recommend taking this tour.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Roly_in_Texas

Latexo, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Lenore was our guide and she was very sweet and knowledgeable. I loved hearing the history of the homes and families, as well as the ghost stories. The walking was not difficult, but wear comfortable shoes.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Angela G
League City, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great first ghost tour!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Sara C gave a very enjoyable ghost tour, accurate history included, of the Strand in Galveston, TX. Her unassuming manner and ease of conversation made it personable and engaging. Her history facts were spot on (I checked). I took my 10 yr old daughter on the tour, and she loved it. Great first ghost tour for the entire family. I'll be back with my son.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank signup_pro
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“If you have nothing better to do...do nothing”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I thought I was hearing things when the tour guide said we would stand at our first stop for 30 minutes when she told her first story. It went on and on. To keep myself interested I fact checked everything on my iPhone as we went. Shockingly there was nothing in the web to back up the stories. There was a lot of standing around hearing the false tales which really could use extra fluff to make them interesting. After politely filling and standing for two hours we were more than ready to be done. I have never believed less in ghosts than I do now.

9 Thank Sfarias1
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We took the Original Strand Tour with our family (kids ages 5, 10, 13, & 20) mostly because the 20 year old and my husband were very interested. Before the tour, our guide told my husband and I a few of the stories to make sure it wouldn't be too scary for our younger kids, which I really appreciated. She showed us pictures all throughout the tour and built credibility for the tour. We learned a great deal about the history of Galveston and the ghost stories.

The tour we took was the more PG version. There are several options, some scarier than others. The website also says the tour is intended to be more authentic than other tours - no tricks, no costumes, no embellishments. So, the original tour might not make you jump out of your skin, but we appreciated the authenticity.

4 Thank unojo