“Location Location Location...that is all.”

Knights Inn Galveston
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This motel is situated on Seawall Blvd. directly across from the beach. Other than that, this motel is in bad need of refurbishing. The room was extremely small. It was fairly clean but worn. The sheets had cigarette holes in them. The sink was cracked and appeared to have been for some time. The curtains on the windows had holes in them. It did have a microwave and refrigerator, albeit very old. The A/C was exceptional and kept the room very cold. The worst part of this room was the bathroom. The toilet was hard to flush. An old washcloth from the previous guest was hanging from the shower head. The tub's bottom was sunken in to the point of it was hard to stand while showering. The bathroom was very dark and just felt nasty. I never viewed any security on the property but never felt unsafe at anytime. I know that every motel can't have brand new items and wasn't expecting that for the price we paid but the overall run-down feeling will prevent us from staying at this property in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank ctidmore

Reviewed 17 June 2012

On the beach..coffee in the morning was great,to my surprise, and the continental breakfast wasn't half bad. I saw a review noting "security"..Didn't know they had it. Must have been the officer's night off? We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get extra pillows, if you're travelling as a couple. You WILL need 2 pillows to ma...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WalterB220
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The room was clean.The bed had a few dead flying ants underneath the sheets.It feels like tiny bugs are crawling over your legs(if you sleep with shorts on).There is a bb pellet hole in the window,which makes me feel a little uncomfortable.The office chair in my room had broken wheels.The TV had channels for the first few days but now I can't watch anything.Internet is fine.The location is perfect,but it can get a little noisy at night(big trucks go by sometimes).The toilet is really loud when you flush it.The bathroom space is descent.The refridgerator is nice and cold but looks beaten up on the outside.The AC unit works fine.The top covers on the bed are greasy,showing a sign that they do not get washed.There was only one useable outlet to use.The beach is right across the road and the Pleasure Piere is just a short walk away.I still do not recommend staying here.It just feels as if you are in a dangerous place.The room just isn't clean enough and not well serviceable.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Darkorb3
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I stayed two days for about $86.00. The other hotels wanted at least $100.00 a night. For a limited budget the hotel was clean TV, refrigerator,table and chairs, dresser, bed and smoking and non smoking rooms and beach across the street and the over night clerk was very friendly and was also the hotel security. I liked that.! Every 30 minutes doing his rounds. Not much of a continental breakfast, but that was ok. We needed a room to sleep and go play on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed their with a couple of girl friends of mine back in Sept 2011. The staff at the front desk were very rude as said in other comments.. I had called ahead and they had said I would be able to start checking in as early as 1pm. When I got there there was a printed piece of paper that had highlighted the 3PM check in time. I told her we had called and asked and she said no, that it was always 3PM. We chose this hotel b/c it was the cheapest that accepted pets. We arranged to leave the dog in the Kennel behind the front desk (which was a feat in itsself because she informed us multiple times that dogs were not allowed in the lobby... not really pet friendly as they say).

The first room they gave us was occupied. How embarrassing to try opening the door to where someone was currently staying! The office quickly corrected and gave us a new room, upgraded us to two king sized beds.

For someone with a pet in a kennel, that wants to be close to the beach.. this isn't a terrible deal. There was a small tiled room meant for luggage right next to the bathroom that was perfect for the kennel.

It is true about the hotel being very dirty. At least the lobby and breakfast area were clean, but there was sand nearly everywhere in the hotel before my friends and I had even gone to the beach. It looked like it had tried to be clean though.

We were pretty pleased since we were looking to save as much as we could for this mini-girls cation, but now that I'm going back to Galveston as a part of my honeymoon trip later this summer, this place is probably not going to be considered.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

people was rude and dirt was on the floor . the room was very small . i booked online ....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

If an offer seems too good to be true – it is. Such is the case with this property.

Simply put - everything was or seemed dirty - floor, bathroom, bed, linens, etc. Mgmt seemed unaware of the problems - surprised even. The low cost for the room could not make up for its condition.

We will not go again and will recommend that others do not stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ALTravellor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Gaido's Seaside Inn
Gaido's Seaside Inn
#27 of 52 in Galveston Island
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Been to Knights Inn Galveston? Share your experiences!