“1 night, not too bad”

Knights Inn Galveston
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel was not as bad as other people were saying but was certainly not acceptable by todays standards. The bedsheets appeared to be clean but it was not a fitted sheet, and the top cover had stains on the underside. The room had a flat screen tv and the furniture was pretty nice. The room was clean as far as I could see. Great parking and AC!!! Did not take advantage of the continental breakfast because we woke up early and decided to hit up IHOP on the way out of town. They claim there is FREE WIFI but I couldn't access it on my iphone because it had a password lock on it. Speaking of locks, the deadbolt didn't lock from the outside just the inside, and the doorknob stayed locked, so you could easily lock yourself out of your room and someone could probably easily break in thru the big glass window in front or by kicking in the door, but I didn't feel unsafe or beleive that it would actually happen. Utilized the free ice machine to chill some wine. I loved being right by the beach for my 1 year anniversary with my GF. If I ever go again to Galveston, I will probably stay somewhere a little nicer, this place needs to be remodeled. The guy who checked me in seemed nice and had my reservation handy, as did I. And upon checkout, I dropped my key off and got a "thank you" from the clerk. Overall, not a bad experience, but not a real good one either, mediocre I would say.

Room Tip: Room 140 is non smoking and is pretty clean, also has flat screen tv.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We made reservations through Wyndam. my daughter & I arrived Monday afternoon. We stayed the entire week & checked out Friday. We had a great time. It was a great price, right across the street from the beach. We never had a chance to make it for breakfast because we were always out & about. The ac was nice & cold. We never had them clean the room until we left because we were always tracking in beach sand & didn't see any use. We'll either be back next month if not, then definitely next summer. Can't wait! =)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank OurSummerGetaways
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The room was not clean....stains on lampshade, curtains, carpet and bathroom floor. The "clean" towels had hair on them and what appeared to be blood stains. The staff was rude and very unfriendly. Continental breakfast was a joke!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This motel is situated on Seawall Blvd. directly across from the beach. Other than that, this motel is in bad need of refurbishing. The room was extremely small. It was fairly clean but worn. The sheets had cigarette holes in them. The sink was cracked and appeared to have been for some time. The curtains on the windows had holes in them. It did have a microwave and refrigerator, albeit very old. The A/C was exceptional and kept the room very cold. The worst part of this room was the bathroom. The toilet was hard to flush. An old washcloth from the previous guest was hanging from the shower head. The tub's bottom was sunken in to the point of it was hard to stand while showering. The bathroom was very dark and just felt nasty. I never viewed any security on the property but never felt unsafe at anytime. I know that every motel can't have brand new items and wasn't expecting that for the price we paid but the overall run-down feeling will prevent us from staying at this property in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank ctidmore
Reviewed 17 June 2012

On the beach..coffee in the morning was great,to my surprise, and the continental breakfast wasn't half bad. I saw a review noting "security"..Didn't know they had it. Must have been the officer's night off? We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get extra pillows, if you're travelling as a couple. You WILL need 2 pillows to ma...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WalterB220
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The room was clean.The bed had a few dead flying ants underneath the sheets.It feels like tiny bugs are crawling over your legs(if you sleep with shorts on).There is a bb pellet hole in the window,which makes me feel a little uncomfortable.The office chair in my room had broken wheels.The TV had channels for the first few days but now I can't watch anything.Internet is fine.The location is perfect,but it can get a little noisy at night(big trucks go by sometimes).The toilet is really loud when you flush it.The bathroom space is descent.The refridgerator is nice and cold but looks beaten up on the outside.The AC unit works fine.The top covers on the bed are greasy,showing a sign that they do not get washed.There was only one useable outlet to use.The beach is right across the road and the Pleasure Piere is just a short walk away.I still do not recommend staying here.It just feels as if you are in a dangerous place.The room just isn't clean enough and not well serviceable.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Darkorb3
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I stayed two days for about $86.00. The other hotels wanted at least $100.00 a night. For a limited budget the hotel was clean TV, refrigerator,table and chairs, dresser, bed and smoking and non smoking rooms and beach across the street and the over night clerk was very friendly and was also the hotel security. I liked that.! Every 30 minutes doing his rounds. Not much of a continental breakfast, but that was ok. We needed a room to sleep and go play on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Galveston Beach, TX
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Howard Johnson Galveston
Howard Johnson Galveston
#39 of 51 in Galveston

Been to Knights Inn Galveston? Share your experiences!