“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Galveston Island, Texas
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

This place is TERRIBLE, pubic hairs in bed, blood smears on bathrooms door, filthy, smelly, totally disgusting - air conditioner so noisy, didnt sleep all night, just kept scratching from the bugs. Was a Saturday night, so not even cheap - they have a real nerve charging over $120 a night - would rather than slept in the car

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jane B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Location: Great. Beachfront!
Price: Best pretty much anywhere on Galveston
However... We booked a non-smoking queen sized bedroom. When we arrived onsite, we were given a smoking bedroom and I am fairly confident the bed was no bigger than a full. My husband and I are small people, but we were very uncomfortable sleeping there and by morning, my sinuses were congested due to the overwhelming smoke smell. We tried to change rooms, but I guess they were all under construction and they swore we booked a smoking room. Also, the cleanliness was not the worst I've seen, but the toilet was left unflushed and there were small black hairs all over the shower and some in the bed (yuck). It could be a fluke, but it was pretty offsetting after a 12 hour drive to get there.

Anyway... if you have to stay at this hotel, bring sheets and pillows if you can. I usually do and that makes things a lot more comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

What a great location! View of the ocean from our room. The night manager was very nice and the breakfast was also a nice touch. The room was very clean but the bed had no fitted sheet only a tucked in flat sheet...odd.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

It looks pretty ghetto from the outside, but room was pretty clean beds comfy! :) my husba and 3 kids stayed and the fridge and microwave came in handy!!
Bad thing coke machine didn't Work!:/ kinda pricey but what do you expect you're on the beach!! Had a view from my Window!!:)
This is an alright place to stay on a budget!:)

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

It's hard to rate this hotel higher than average, because in comparison to other hotels in Galveston, it is really a 1 or 2 star. However, 1 thing remains, it has a great location. My friends and I stayed here and our main destination was the new Pleasure Pier. We were able to walk back and forth from the hotel without having to worry about parking. It definitely saved us some time and money. They have finished renovating the outside pillars and the hotel has a new paint job. It looks better than it has in several years. Enjoy!

Things for the hotel to improve on: The manager is a little rude. He collected our keys from us at 10:53 from outside our rooms. Pretty ridiculous. It would have definitely been a better experience to have more smiles and a happier staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank zeke h
TULSA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Location is great ,right across the street from the beach!!! From the outside you would think "Did I really pay over $100.00 a night to stay here?" but location, location. Staff was nice, room was clean. Could sure use an updating. We had no bad experiences. We had just drove straight through all night from Tulsa, Oklahoma so we had no problem crashing out that night. The beds were comfortable and clean. Its just the outside that scared us to death. Outside looks are not everything. I guess if I had been hit with as many hurricanes as this place has, I would not be to pretty on the outside either. We are now Wyndam Time Share owners so we cant knock what we now are part owners of.All and all it was a decent stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DARIN F
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Summary:
Is this the nicest hotel in Galveston? No, of course not and the price reflects that. However, it is located directly across from the seawall and now is down the street from Galveston's new Pleasure Pier. There is something very valuable in being able to wake up, open the curtains, and see the ocean front. That is why I am giving this hotel a 3 of 5. If it is amenities you are looking for and lavish rooms, then I would rate this a 1 of 5. But not everybody is looking for that, some people want a cheap hotel in the middle of it all and this hotel definitely meets that criteria.

My Experience:
The front clerk was very nice and courteous. He was calling me sir even though I was more than half his age. I booked a single King, and it was up at the front of the hotel giving me an ocean front room (It seemed as if over half the rooms had an ocean front view). The room was very basic. The tile in the bathroom had been updated and the tv was a 32" flat screen. The bed did not seem comfortable at first but I had a great night sleep. If you do not like stiff beds, then you probably need to look for another hotel. The AC was off when we got in the room, so it was a little muggy. However, we turned it on and it was colder than we could handle in a matter of minutes. Check out time was 11 and when we asked, the clerk gave a us a 30-minutes late check out. All-in-all it was a great get away hotel. The King room (ocean front) costs about $39 during the week and about $69 on the weekends. Hope you enjoy!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room that has a ocean view! It really "ups" the value of the hote...