“We had no problems here”

Knights Inn Galveston
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Texas
“We had no problems here”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Myself and a friend stayed at Knights Inn over the first weekend in April. It was a 3 night stay. Our room was one behind the office, not one of those facing the boulevard, so there was no problem with traffic noise. The price was extremely reasonable for a motel on the seawall and the room (bathroom included) was clean. The AC worked well and the water was hot. Beds were comfortable and linens were clean. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone. And, the added bonus, it's right next door to the Poop Deck. You can have a "bloody mary" morning or a nightcap without driving.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It wouldn't be so bad having a cold shower during the hot summertime, but not in February!!

Then, when I lost my credit card key, they wouldn't give me another one and said they would open the door for me if I went out???WHAT?? I didn't want to wake the inn keeper at midnight!!

I

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Good location. Now I've said everything good about the hotel! We had to ask for shampoo, towels, toilet rolls. They had no extra pillows. The room was tired and run down. No coffee making machine. This hotel belongs in the 1960's. Avoid at all costs!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
peru
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I don't expect fancy BUT I do expect CLEAN. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Oh yes you are at the seawall BUT I will drive to the ocean next time. There were dead bugs on the floor in the bathroom, the shower was dirty and the water dripped out. There was a lump of brown (unknown substance) on the lamp. The carpet is dirty. The owner is rude. I used my Wyndham points to stay and it made him mad. First he gave me a different room and while the other guy checked me in the manager came and gave back and gave us a different room. The guy said "oh this is a nicer room". All I can say is if this was the nicer room I am glad I didnt see the other room. DON'T STAY HERE. I am not picky but i want clean. There wasn't nothing clean about this place. I won't even mention the outside ice machines condition. (no I did not use it). He has a gold mind and puts nothing into this place. It's all about the location. There was no empty rooms but someday his luck will run out. Health inspectors need to stay a night at this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trishrn56
Garland, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were told 1 price and then charged completely different...would not give refund or offer an xtra nite for 1/2 price...manager very rude..the cleaning crew however...very nice people!!!!! Would never stay there and would not recommend it to anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please verify what hotels charge and be sure to look around...a lot!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn T
Houma
Reviewed 6 July 2013

this motel is in a prime location & needs a facelift asap! rooms could use new carpet,paint, light fixtures, shower heads, ironing boards etc. the 32"flatscreens was a nice touch. but i can't understand why some owners don't take pride of their properties and make it the best they can.

other than that, we felt safe in the area, there were other families at the motelno commotion, no riffraff. the place was booked solid for fourth of july.

Room Tip: motel is old and needs a facelift, but if your on a budget its do able.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dsn1030
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was filthy, the place is beyond disgusting. Avoid at all costs. Dirty from the carpet to the ceiling. It was a last minute booking and I thought I was saving money. Mistake! I don't think that they actually try to make an attempt to clean the rooms.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BARREDIE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach
#36 of 51 in Galveston
Four Seasons on the Gulf
Four Seasons on the Gulf
#29 of 51 in Galveston

Been to Knights Inn Galveston? Share your experiences!