“Okay but could do better”

Knights Inn Galveston
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest I could find on seawall. Honestly I was expecting a very bad experience but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is old and the age definitely shows. However they have tried to upgrade a few things in the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Furniture seemed newish and it did a have flatscreen tv. However the walls were scuffed up pretty bad and could really use some paint. The room was also very poorly lit. But then again it's not a resort and wasn't expecting so. Wifi worked well and breakfast consisted of powdered donuts, Danish packages apples and bananas and cereal with NO milk. There was also coffee and tea bags. Not too impressed at $150/nt on a Wednesday night, but it was clean. Next time ill probably spend a little more and stay elsewhere. But if you're cash strapped and seawall is a must, this is a good place.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The location was fantastic.....this place needs to be gutted and rebuilt and it would be a goldmine! Over $200 a night for this filthy room was NOT worth it! Dont believe the ad that says part of Wyndham hotels! Nothing "Wyndham" about this dump!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JENWAG2013
Reviewed 23 May 2014

After reading some of the other reviews my wife and I were a little apprehensive about our stay last weekend. Pleasantly we found the room to be clean and cozy. Yes it is an older property but the updates and rennovations were well done. We definitely will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dave77065
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Myself and a friend stayed at Knights Inn over the first weekend in April. It was a 3 night stay. Our room was one behind the office, not one of those facing the boulevard, so there was no problem with traffic noise. The price was extremely reasonable for a motel on the seawall and the room (bathroom included) was clean. The AC worked well and the water was hot. Beds were comfortable and linens were clean. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone. And, the added bonus, it's right next door to the Poop Deck. You can have a "bloody mary" morning or a nightcap without driving.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It wouldn't be so bad having a cold shower during the hot summertime, but not in February!!

Then, when I lost my credit card key, they wouldn't give me another one and said they would open the door for me if I went out???WHAT?? I didn't want to wake the inn keeper at midnight!!

I

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good location. Now I've said everything good about the hotel! We had to ask for shampoo, towels, toilet rolls. They had no extra pillows. The room was tired and run down. No coffee making machine. This hotel belongs in the 1960's. Avoid at all costs!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I don't expect fancy BUT I do expect CLEAN. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Oh yes you are at the seawall BUT I will drive to the ocean next time. There were dead bugs on the floor in the bathroom, the shower was dirty and the water dripped out. There was a lump of brown (unknown substance) on the lamp. The carpet is dirty. The owner is rude. I used my Wyndham points to stay and it made him mad. First he gave me a different room and while the other guy checked me in the manager came and gave back and gave us a different room. The guy said "oh this is a nicer room". All I can say is if this was the nicer room I am glad I didnt see the other room. DON'T STAY HERE. I am not picky but i want clean. There wasn't nothing clean about this place. I won't even mention the outside ice machines condition. (no I did not use it). He has a gold mind and puts nothing into this place. It's all about the location. There was no empty rooms but someday his luck will run out. Health inspectors need to stay a night at this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trishrn56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Gaido's Seaside Inn
Gaido's Seaside Inn
#27 of 52 in Galveston Island
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Been to Knights Inn Galveston? Share your experiences!