“GOOD HISTORY RECORDED HERE”
Review of Pier 21 Theater

Pier 21 Theater
Ranked #4 of 11 Fun & Games in Galveston
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We watched a film depicting the 1900 Great Storm. Well worth it. A well stocked book shop / souviner shop. Could have spent a fortune but with a restricted baggage allowance, had to reel myself in!!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We saw the 3 videos - hour long one on immigration, one on Jean Lafitte (somewhat hoaky, but interesting) and one on The Great Storm - these two both are about half an hour each. The films are excellent and give you good information about Galveston that comes back to you if you look at other attractions. The immigration video is full of information about Galveston as a major immigration port in the 1800's, just like Ellis Island was and lots of stories about how things changed with the times.

1  Thank WeezieWeeks
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We watched the Hurricane film. It was amazing to see how they recovered after such a devastating event. After seeing the film we watched for the plaques on the buildings showing the water levels. Most were over our heads!

1  Thank DHigham
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We saw the movie about the great storm. It was not an IMAX but a DVD shown in a small room. I thought it was rather expensive for a 30 minute movie. It was interesting but not wonderful. Just a way to spend a half hour waiting for something else to happen.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This theater is great and I can honestly say that The Great Storm movie is one of my favorite things to do on The Island. Its one of stops when we have guests visting with us for the weekend It seem that almost evertime I watch this short but informative movie I get something new out of it...which has been at least 6 times. Its amazing the hardships that the early Galvestions endured with this horrible event. The movie can even bring a tear to your eye.
I have seen the LaFeat show as well and it too is informative and interesting but I prefer The Great Storm. But hey...why not watch them both?

1  Thank Montecore1