“Great fishing all night long!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galveston's 61st Street Fishing Pier

Galveston's 61st Street Fishing Pier
Ranked #17 of 100 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family friendly fishing pier. We offer rod rentals, bait, cold drinks, sno cones, wine, cold beer, margaritas, snacks, pizza, hot dogs, gifts, and lots of fun. In addition to having a pier for fishing, we also have an observation deck for those who dont want to fish, but want to sit above the water and enjoy the cool breeze of the Gulf of Mexico.
Austin, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great fishing all night long!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We didn't actually stay all night. But, we wanted to. The fishing was slow. There were hundreds of "mullet fish" around the Pier. People were catching catfish and white fish. There were a few little sharks feeding on the shrimp off our hooks. But, I just couldn't hook one.
Bring water, soda and snacks, but no booze. You can't sleep here, fishing only! If it is late, be sure to bring a blanket. The weather and wind are the only reason we left.

Visited March 2014

Spring, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had to buy something just to walk out on the pier. I guess that's fair. I've heard it's good fishing.

Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had never been Pier fishing before, and hadn't fished in many years. I was in town on business and had a Saturday afternoon free, and wanted to try it out. The staff were great, Tito had a vast wealth of fishing knowledge, tips, and jokes. I caught about 15 whiting, a guy beside me caught a 3 foot long Black Drum that he fought for almost 25 minutes! The regulars on the pier were all friendly and supportive, I knew half of them by name by the time I was done. Hotels in Galveston are pricey, but only an hour from Houston makes it well worth the trip. I plan on coming back often!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Rick R
Cypress, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great place for fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very well maintained, staff is very freindly. I've been there twice already this year and plan to go again soon.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gerald R
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous Time, amazing people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I went fishing with my brother out there and we had a great time. We went at night and it was super cold, but that didn't stop us. James was super nice to us and was super encouraging as I was only learning to fish. I will definitely be going back and hopefully learning a little more from Mr. James.

Visited January 2014