“Perfect Getaway”

Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you are in need of a relaxing and quit getaway for you and your loved one.. this is the place to go.. their Jettub is AMAZING!!!! The only problem we had was that we paid for the Oceanview/Pool View Room and Received the one right behind it... We wouldv'e been upset by this but the Jacuzzi took our mind off of it all!!! Honestly regardless of which room you get here it will be a must visit place for couples

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monica G
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for the Response. We appreciate your business.

Please Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent one night here. It is away from the heavy traffic area of the seawall and tourist areas, but a short drive will get you there. The room was very comfortable and well maintained. The staff was helpful and pleasant. It is very easy to get from here to the medical complex and the cruise pier. We'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flamingomom
Bijal M, Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for leaving such a nice comment! we really appreciate the comments. It helps us better the hotel and the experience

Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was only here for one day but the hotel was very clean and in a good location. It's close to the pier, moody gardens and several other attractions. Our room was really nice and clean and had all the amenities we needed, the TV was blurry though if you are into that.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 409-766-7070.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our stay was neither great nor bad. It was an okay experience.

GOOD: The hotel is located on the Seawall Blvd which is a plus however it is on the part of the street that has quite some land between the hotel and the ocean (I stayed in a suite so my view was not as great as the regular rooms that face the ocean). The price is good. The breakfast was definitely a plus however I stayed away from the eggs. The Jacuzzi in our room was great, except I wish it had some walls around it and not exposed to the room. I liked the computer-access and the free printing. I also enjoyed the free wi-fi.

NOT-SO-GOOD: The staff (5 out of 7 that I interacted with) was not friendly as I am used to at other hotels I have stayed. At one point a male staff member called a female staff member a B..... They don't seem happy. Except for the incredibly nice lady (helps prepare the morning breakfast.) and what seems to be the supervisor of the cleaning crew (has some gray hair). The cleaning crew was also unfriendly and looked angry at times. We did not have the view I expected. Very thin walls, fortunately we did not hear anything we did not want to hear, we can tolerate kids crying as we are parents. The sofa bed in our room was like a giant marshmallow that you sink into deep. Not comfortable but we just put a few pillows on them. As we were looking for something we dropped, we noticed that the area behind the night stand and a few other areas were dusty. The windows needed a good cleaning as well.

WILL I RETURN?: Probably, I can ignore the mediocre customer service for location, breakfast, and size of suite. I will however most likely try a few other hotels first.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time to ask for an ocean-view. They will say they cannot guarantee it so I would state...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This stay was for my anniversary and the price seems high for the date but we made the reservation because we always like to spend our anniversary by the beach. The room was ok. The breakfast was ok but I was expecting something better. Dinning area was small but clean and organized (indoor and outdoor). Small pool bit nice atmosphere. The staff average.no super happy with my stay on this hotel and I have stayed in many 3 stars at Galveston . The sheet were not soft . I felt very uncomfortable because my skin is very sensitive and it seems to me the use to much chlorine on them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sjveles
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 409-766-7070.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was a nice hotel and was very clean and quite. Nice staff, room was well cleaned . Stayed 2 days. Free breakfast was in a small corner of lobby. Food was maybe average...eggs were terrible ( probably powered). waffles, cereal, milk, juice, yogurt were all alright. This hotel is on the end of the seawall. Again the room was very clean and well kept. We did not use the pool.

Room Tip: They also free parking, if this helps. Close to the Galvestorian and cruise port. they did tell us t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian T
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great accommodations, great price! I would definitely stay here again. The room was very nice with two queen beds. Breakfast was great, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. There is a beautiful eating area indoor and outdoor. The employees were very helpful with information about restaurants and entertainment at Galveston.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Patricia U
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013