“Breeze of Galveston”

Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This place is the best option to an affordable place to stay during a visit to beach of Galveston. The prrice ,location, free breakfast, parking and internet. The staff are excellent customer service representatives of the Best Western chain and ensure that the guest feel like welcomed guest. The lobby and breakfast area are clean and inviting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jap126
Bijal M, Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for leaving a comment.

Bj

GM

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise. We were able to leave our car and felt it was in a secure place. The staff were very helpful and friendly when we had to wait as our ship was delayed due to fog.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael P
Bijal M, Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 409-766-7070.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were there due to a grand baby being in the hospital there in Galveston.We were treated with respect and everything was clean. We will be using this hotel again because our baby will e there for a while in the hospital.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary J

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Good for the price you pay. Clean, spacious, comfortable. Would have liked for heating unit to be more noise free and shut off when temp. desired was reached. Shower faucet was stiff and difficult to adjust water temp. You either got hot or cold and when temp adjusted it lacked some water pressure. But overall nothing that was stressful, unacceptable or unpleasent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Areli B

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The website explicitly lists late check-out available as if it is an added value, even though it does add the caveat (as available). I called the hotel 2 days prior to check-in and the girl I talked to offered no information or explanation as to any policy except to patently tell me that check-in was no earlier than 4:00 p.m. and check-out was no later than noon. I knew that without calling. She said I would have to talk to someone upon check-in. When I checked in at around 6:30 p.m. that Saturday, I asked the young girl at the desk about late check-out. She seemed clueless and basically said she didn’t know, but that I could check with somebody in the morning. She said she doubted it though because she said they were going to be full up that night. I’m thinking to myself that late check-out the following day would be more dependent upon the bookings the following night (being a Sunday). I could quickly tell that it was a pointless conversation and dismissed the idea altogether. The room itself was quite comfortable. I have no complaints. I slept good till the following morning The self serve breakfast left much to be desired. The scrambled eggs looked like some kind of reconstituted product of some sort. The sausage looked like frozen microwave stuff and no one was in attendance checking it or refilling it. That was at 6:30 a.m. right after it was initially put out. I decided I would try to go back to sleep for a bit since I had several hours till noon. I finally gave up. The noise was so bad above me on the second floor…people kept running and stomping and slamming doors over and over and over. Sounded like they were having running up and down the hallway upstairs or something. I finally said to hell with this and loaded up around 10 a.m. and pulled around front. The lobby was full of kids unsupervised apparently. I walked up to the front desk and there was this young guy sitting down behind the desk totally absorbed in his iphone. I just stood there and watched for several minutes and he never looked up. Didn’t even have a clue I was standing there. He was no more paying attention to his job at hand than a man in the moon and that lobby and breakfast area was full of people. He was the only one around. He was obviously unqualified and uninterested from what I saw and with my brief interaction with him. All he cared about was what was on that phone. If that is Best Western’s idea of service, then I think I would take my business down the road and pay a couple of dollars more. The room itself was fine. The quality of service was poor both in action and attitude. Other than that the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Oh, the remote wouldn't hardly work. Acted like the batteries were about gone, but that was the least of my opinion. Parking sucked. I was attending a wedding and didn't want to have to drive back to Houston. I could have saved the $150.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 860Larry

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 409-766-7070.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights for our 30 anniversary. They put us in a room right next to a room they were remodeling and on Tuesday the noise was so loud we couldnt watch tv or sleep or anything so we went out in an ice storm just to get away from the constant banging. When we got back to the hotel and asked the clerk if they were done yet she said.."they will be done at 8" like this was perfectly normal. Then they finally got done and at 7:30 the next morning the workers were yelling at each other right outside of our room and woke us up. We complained and we got a $20 voucher for our next visit. Like that is going to happen!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi M
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Well I apologize for your inconvenience, but we are remodeling the hotel to make it look better.
We could have moved you but that was the only room with a Jacuzzi, if you would have told us before you checked out!

Sorry again for the disturbances.

Bj

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Was about to board the Carnival Cruise Ship Magic in the Galveston, Tx. Port. This motel was conviently located to the Port, was modern, clean and quiet. They had a continental breakfast, so we didn't have to go find "some place" to eat . The food was good, was fresh and well maintained. We will stay there again the next time we go crusin'

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shirley S
Bijal M, Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014