Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach
US$391
US$378
HolidayInn.com
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$161
US$146
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$261
US$191
US$185
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$224
US$202
  • Pool
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$212
US$207
US$165
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$286
Hotels.com
All reviewsstewart beacheast beachwafflesacross the streetstay there againshort driveclean hotelthe breakfast areabeautiful poolthe location is perfectthird floora great staybed was comfortableocean viewgalveston islandbooked this hotelcruise terminal
Reviewed 27 March 2014

It is a Nice hotel. It is at a quiet end of the Galveston beach area. It had a small pool and did not have a hot tub. It is generally away from the frenzied beach acitivy so there is not a lot of road noise. It is however close enough to get to that end of the beach very quickly

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Robert R
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I arrived at this hotel after accepting an early departure refund from a cruise ship. It was supposed to be two back-to-back cruises but due to the oil spill, delays were taking place naturally so rather than deal with days of uncertainty on a ship, I cut my losses. Adding to this was a new neighbor on the ship who chain smoked all night long so I ended up sleeping for one hour.

The night before I managed to do an online bid and got this hotel then the next morning at a Starbucks I tried to extend my stay there but it did not work. Sorry for the extended context, but it was very last minute and I showed up to this hotel looking like something dragged through the mud and it was only 8am. Being a frequent traveler, I know all about check-in times so I was quite content to just sit in a chair until check-in time was ready but the manager, Raks, did a double check to make sure if any room was free and he got me the last empty one that was there. I will be forever grateful because that allowed me to take a few naps that day and get some of my sanity back. Raks, as well as everyone that I met there, were so nice, polite and always greeted me and others with warm smiles. In fact, as I checked out I had a nice conversation with him and that is the first that a hotel manager has ever done that---taken time to actually really chat with a guest!

Now that I am in another hotel a little further from there where the experience is quite different but that will come for that hotel's review in a few days.

My room at the Best Western was large, clean, the wireless super fast, the breakfast had hot and cold choices which was a surprise as most hotels normally only offer cold. The breakfast area was constantly cleaned, food never running short--really good service. My floor, 2, had a washer and dryer so I was able to utilize those the first day and not have to worry about laundry upon my return after a three month excursion. The price for the machines was reasonable as well.

My only concern was that I think someone smoked within close proximity of my room but as I told Raks, with this still being Spring Break, some were probably still in party-mode so I lifted the window and let the air blow over me. For one night, and being still exhausted it was not an issue.

I left this hotel refreshed, feeling very positive from the interactions that I had with the staff but most importantly, unlike some other hotels that nickle and dime everyone for each little amenity, here I felt as if the hotel knew what a traveler really wanted (washer, dryer, microwave, mini-fridge, wireless and a nice brekkie to start) rolled it all into the hotel rate allowing me to leave there feeling like this is a place and brand that I would use again. In my travels I have often left hotels feeling completely gouged (see some of my other reviews) but this one was the complete opposite!

Though this was a very last minute trip, I am already considering another visit over the summer months when the weather improves.

Room Tip: In a quiet location--all rooms would be fine
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TorontoRobDT

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights during our vacation.We had a very clean room. Staff were very accommodating.We would stay there again if ever in Galveston. Breakfast was very nice. Great location for people planning a cruise.

Room Tip: I wouldn't get a room with a whirlpool again. We didn't use it and never thought about there being whirlpools in the rooms above us. They're very noisy when someone above you decides to use it late at night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here during spring break, and were very impressed. Not the cheapest place we've stayed, but based on the location, access to the beach, and time of year, it was a good choice. We also had a larger room, with a separate area that had a sleeper sofa in it, which was perfect for our family of 5 (6 would also work just fine). The hotel seems relatively new, and all the furnishings were very nice. Good breakfast and facilities, with plenty of room to eat. It's also only a 5 minute walk to the beach, and close to the "action" on Galveston Island.

Room Tip: If you plan early enough, you can request a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LarryE63

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place is at the very end of the island, or so it seemed, as it was late when we arrived. But the personnel were very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. It was a quick stay and had to leave early the next morning.

I did have a little of the breakfast, it was ok. I am not fond of the breakfasts that are usually offered anywhere, so don't let this be a concern. It is fine for a quick, free meal.

The only problem that we had, and I didn't report it as I was too tired to get up and see what was going on, was that someone was in the hallway talking loudly. Another visitor obviously opened there door and told them to be quiet, it stopped for a while and then they came out again. Guess they sleep days and work nights. I should have called the front desk, but again, I managed to get back to sleep so...

I would definitely stay here again. This is a great location for visiting the campus at TAMUG.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bijal M, Owner at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for the compliment!
We appreciate the business and we love having you here!
sorry about the noise.