“Good lunch choice.”

Brick House Tavern + Tap
Ranked #67 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good lunch choice.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stopped here for lunch after a morning drive along the island. Being a Monday it was not busy and service matched. Sandwiches were the order of the day and both were adequate for the occasion. Outdoor seating overlooking the boulevard and ocean were bonuses to the experience. Good service from Chelsea our server. Definite recommendation for a nice lunch experience.

• Visited May 2014

“BBQ Duck Pizza, amazing”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I walked down here from the Hilton property, and it was delicious. I got the BBQ Duck Pizza and will be returning. I sat outside, which was very comfortable and had a nice fire pit. Beers were ice cold, and the service was great. I will be returning.

Visited May 2014
Gulf Coast
“a fun place to go to hang with friends”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a good place to watch football games, or hang out with friends.

The food is good, everything I have tried there I liked except the potato soup. I had the fish and chips lots of grease. The cocktails can be expensive if you have more than a couple. I like the wings, and I have tried the duck wings too they were very good. Excellent Burger, the Zucchini basically ends up being a bunch of breading the way it is served. THey have every comfort for seating you can think of, outside if you want, inside bar stools, inside bar tables, chairs for football viewing and booths. Very comfortable.

• Visited March 2014
“Brick House Tavern”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch on Saturday - my husband had been here several times, but this was my first. Surprised to see the large area of the main dining room - fireplace to the side - bar seats, sofas, square tables and larger tables. We elected to eat on the patio - lots of metal seating - Typical bar food menu with some blue plate specials, sandwiches, soups, burgers, lots of appetizers, limited seafood menu. My husband got the baked potato soup - creamy and topped with sour cream, bacon, chives - not what he was expecting, but enjoyed it. I had the philly cheese steak on a french roll with tater tots. The sliced ribeye was flavorful and delicious with grilled peppers and cheese. Friendly attentive waiter - worth trying again and checking out the extensive drink menu. Dog friendly on the patio! Several folks brought their pets.

• Visited April 2014
“Brickhouse Tavern and Tap”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The good: The prosciutto wrapped meatloaf is AMAZING!! And I don't like meatloaf!

The bad: Our server looked like he wished he was anywhere but there. Fish n chips, nothing special. Fish was fried for so long that most of the breading didn't contain fish anymore. I was going to get the pizza but server told me I may not want to because they are busy and he's seeing a lot of burnt pizza coming out of the kitchen.

I would definitely return for that meatloaf!

• Visited March 2014