“Good Food Off the Beaten Path”

Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille
Ranked #8 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our Hotel front desk clerk told us this was one of the good seafood restaurants in the area. This is more of a neighborhood bar than regular restaurant. It's not very big but don't let that deter you from visiting here. The seafood has a Louisiana influence with dishes like BBQ shrimp and Etouffee, both of which we had. They were both good but not great. We did start the meal with an order of onion rings which were very good and finished with an order of bread pudding which was also good. It was busy and the service was a bit slow but we enjoyed our time there.

There are newer reviews for Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille

Reviewed 22 October 2013

While on our vacation in Galveston, ate dinner at the Black Pearl. Great oysters on the half shell, crab cakes and shrimp. Best we had while in town.
Waitstaff was friendly, attentive and genuinely helpful without being intrusive. A wonderful, small place with good atmosphere for easy going dining or a celebration.
We will be back when next in town. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went to Galveston for a weekend & had lunch at the Black Pearl Oyster Grill. My wife had a shrimp salad that was very good & I had a bowl of seafood gumbo. It was tasty although the roux was not as thick as Louisiana gumbo. The service was good & responsive. The restaurant (and this is meant to be a compliment) is a genuine Galveston hole in the wall bar & grill with more locals(I think) than tourists Good place for lunch.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Fantastic place for oysters - raw or with a multitude of toppings on them. Excellent waitstaff - very attentive and always helpful and smiling. Some favorites on the menu are the barbecue shrimp, shrimp diablo, bounty mix (blackened "bar trash" with rice and butter), the enormous muffaleta, fish tacos and the shrimp & crab cakes. And any of the fresh fish entrees are tasty - you get veggies and big baked potato with them and the blackened salmon or the ahi tuna are my absolute favorites. As you can tell, I've been there A LOT. Wouldn't go if it wasn't great - please consider it the next time you're down Galveston. Tell Chris behind the bar I said :Hi".

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stopped by for a very late lunch. The oysters were great. The service was top notch. I will be back the next time I am in Galveston.