“No pirates but...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 July 2014

...that lead to a pretty nice meal. The Black Pearl is in an awesome location just off the Strand on the corner. It is in some perfect triangulation of walking distance from everyplace I need to go, have been, or need to get away from and find refuge. I made it there for the dozen oyster happy hour ($3 off, better than nothing) and oddly, onion rings.The horseradish could be bolder, but it might have just been the day I was there.They have a nice looking full bar but I was having water that day. My waiter, Ron, was super nice and not too chitchatty. I am super glad i stopped in and it is going to be a regular occurance when i am in Galveston.ll

There are newer reviews for Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love this place. I get the cajun oyster poboy and its fantastic! the oysters are huge and always have a good fried flavoring. their grilled chicken salad is also great. they season just right. Be sure you order onion rings, they are homemade and soooooo good!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We own a condo on the East Beach in Galveston so we are in Galveston often. The Black Pearl is our favorite restaurant. Oysters in season are excellent. The menu is full of good things. The portions are large, they don't mind splitting them if you don't eat a lot like we do. Prices are reasonable. Service is good, ask for Ron if he is waiting tables. Small but atmospheric like a backwater New Orleans joint.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

It has been awhile since I've made a review of The Black Pearl and as we ate there this past Friday night I thought an update would be good.

We just returned from an extended vacation and were craving our good old Gulf Coast seafood. As IBC 'ers and weekend residents we have a huge choice when it comes to seafood. The Black Pearl was our first choice.

We got lucky and we're seated quickly as the size of this restaurant can make for a long wait, table wise and bar. Oysters please! A two way....Rockefeller and Diablo! We also did a fried shrimp platter which comes with 2 sides. We chose a salad and ordered another for each of us and away we went! Their salads are consistently good....and large.

We also tried their new appetizer, stuffed jalapeño popper. Let me warn you it is hot. But good! But hottt!!! There is cayenne in the stuffing mixture and this make it smokin!

Oyster time! Fantastic! Some of the best cooked oysters any where and the best on Galveston Island. Their Rockefeller has a great consistency. Creamy but not over powering with spinach that is sautéed, not just added as an after thought like Gaidos does. The Diablo were on mark with an abundance of shrimp and cheese. I would say they are a little to cheesy for my taste and would like to see them cut back just a bit.....but people love cheese!

Staff were friendly and personable. Great service along with fast refills and replacement drinks from the bar. Always a great value and would hasten to say the best value on The Island.

If your looking for good seafood and oysters make a stop here. I can not vouch for the raw at this time of year as I do not consume until they are in season. The raw are brought in and my understanding farm raised and are perfect for raw consumption. ...it just not my thing until the season hits. If you like raw go for it you'll be happy as my friends were!

2  Thank tm100
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Black pearl is a great place. casual and relaxing dining experience. Food was excellent along with service. Price is average. Service was good. Defiantly will be a regular stop when in Galveston.