“Nice service”

Galveston Fishing Pier
Ranked #39 of 106 things to do in Galveston
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Fishing was bad, but that wasn't anyone's fault. We never go salt-water fishing, so we have no equipment. It was nice that they rent everything and sell bait, because we wouldn't have known where to start.

1  Thank Angela G

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The only pier we fish on!! The owners are great, the employees awesome, and even when the fishing isn't great the poeple you meet and hang out with are always fun!!

4  Thank Cassie B
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice. The first time the staff was not friendly, charged me rung and then didn't know how to reimburse me, I waited for 20 min before they finally came back to fix the problem and were not helpful at all. I decided to go back a second time in hopes of a better experinec. Unfortunately it was worse then the first. The staff was very unpleasant and I didn't even bother going on the pier I won't be back.

2  Thank Erika P
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I have visited this pier a number of times over the last two years. The restrooms are clean, the personnel friendly and the price is reasonable. The fishing has varied from very good to poor as you would expect. The restaurant on the second floor is very good with reasonable prices and a good selection of draft beers. It is a family friendly place and we have always had polite and friendly, non vulgarity nearby people.

3  Thank elgringito
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My dad recommended this place and it was a good find. We got there in the late evening on a Saturday night and had no problem finding a spot to set up for 7 people. It does get packed, but not crowded. People come and go at all hours so you'll always have a spot. Very safe for young kids. Parking was free after 6pm which is nice. There is a putt putt/batting cages place right across the street if your young ones get bored. The place has a little store inside and a restaurant on top. Very clean inside and has private bathrooms too. The employee was very friendly. There is a charge to get in $6/kids, $8/senior & $12/adults. You can take your own chairs, ice chests, food, drinks, bait, etc. The place has a FB page that posts pictures, weather updates, what people are catching which is great. Plenty of hotels close by. Don't try to keep anything illegal cause the "fish police" came on the pier with their ruler to check what people caught. Love it and will be back!!

6  Thank QueenChic