“Great Breakfast ”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating
“Great Breakfast ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The restaurant isn't the prettiest, but the staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious.

Rather limited menu. Pancakes. Sausage. Eggs. Hash browns. Toast.

Don't shy away from this place.

Anna, TX
“Diner Brakfast Par Excellence - Period”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great. Great. Great.

If you go anywhere near Galveston and don't have breakfast here you will never forgive yourself. One of their daily specials was listed as sweet potato pancakes and am I glad I got them. Moist, fluffy, fresh and steaming hot. Friendly down home service coupled with excellent food and reasonable prices make this a home run.

Above all don't be put off by the exterior complete with weeds growing between the sidewalk and asphalt parking lot nor the "are they open or not?" feel when you pull in the lot. Great things await you.

• Visited March 2014
Quinlan, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Home Cooked Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Had a hamburger steak and vegetables. Vegetables were very large order and tasty. Good price and good food. Very typical Hometown Café

Irving, Texas
“OMG Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were a table of 4 and there were only two other table occupied in the restaurant. We arrived first and had to wait for our food for 45 mins. Food was terrible. Place was nastier than an old truckstop. When the waitress cleared our table she hit a knife and good food on my shorts, no sorry or let me help clean it up or anything. Expensive on top of how horrible it was. You need to ignore the tripadvisor label on the door it is an oldie, not a recent sticker. Avoid at all cost.

• Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“K”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I walked in for my 2nd time and I was a little surprised. There service was good. My Coffey was never empty. I had to eat the big boy burger with no pickles and it was average, but when I left I was very satisfied

• Visited July 2013