“Good stay”

Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 20 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2013

For the price I would rate my stay as a 9 out of 10. The rooms wete clean, the appliances worked, and the beds were comfortable. I would gladly stay at Howard Johnson in Galveston again. The only bad thing I noticed was cigarette burns on one of the bed spreads.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Outside of the hotel needs a bit of updating, but the staff was friendly and the room was really clean. Not a bad value at all.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was visiting Galveston with my four kids. This motel was the right price. It is a short drive from the beach. Our check in time was 2 pm. When we arrived at 1:45 pm, I was told our room wasn't ready and that they would need a few hours. I said, that my check in is for 2. He replied, "That I was early." I let him know that I would wait 15 minutes, but not several hours. They gave me a room on time; a smoking room. It was stinky, dark, disappointing. Thankfully I had wonderful sunshine and sand those couple of days.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The manager and family were nice, but the breakfast area is poor and the choice is not good. Our bed covers had stains. I went immediately and bought blankets to put on the beds. I then sprayed Lysol on the sheets. They seemed clean enough. there were trains going by at all times of the night so I also got a fan to make white noise.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We cruise at least once a year out of Galveston, so we typically stay only one night. The front desk area smelled awful but when we got in our room, our room smelled worse. Room was picked up but felt dirty. I understand there is a lot of salty, sandy air in the area but there is a way to clean a room diligently leaving a clean smell too. We quickly determined that carpet has probably never been cleaned when the bottom of our kids feet were black from playing in the room. Not happy with the continental breakfast by any means. It was one of the cheapest rooms we could find for what we thought would be a decent facility, and I don't feel you even get what you pay for. Was very dissappointed and not going to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013