Howard Johnson Galveston
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$154
US$123
  • Pool
US$92
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$98
  • Beachfront
US$159
US$154
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$100
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$321
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$229
All reviewsfree cruise parkingwould stay againmicrowave and fridgebed and pillowsacross the streetour honeymoongreat ratememorial day weekendgreat roomtoddrefineriesshuttlechannelsstrand
FilterAll languages
Farmers Branch TX
Reviewed 14 June 2006

Terrible experience from start to finish. At check in all I asked was for them to mail a stamped letter I handed them. It was handed back stating they did not want to be responsible for it. I explained even the worst motels would at least accept guests mail. They stood their ground and simply gave me directions to a post office. We actually did not mind the ditch full of water and the train tracks directly behind the rooms. My son had fun watching the water birds and trains go by. Now towels. You will get one towel. My wife explained she had long hair, families visit the beach, wash up, go back out, etc. and that we needed more towels. She got one extra each of our two days only after begging, having our info checked on the hotel computer, and an "uh huh" from the people behind the desk. Went through the same thing with getting an extra little bottle of shampoo on the second day. The two people behind the desk on check in day and the next day were very unhelpful and just plain not nice. Different person on the day we checked out at least had a smile. Cheap for galveston, but it is because of the location. Situated between a Truck stop and Train Tracks. As far from the beaches as you can be. We knew that going in, bu my complaint is the unfriendly and unhelpful operators, our tub was stopped up, and the room smelled like the swamp that is across the railroad tracks outside the back windows of the rooms. We found a better place on the Island to stay for the rest of the week!

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2005

My fiance and I went to Galveston without making reservations first....BIG MISTAKE...we had to search for hours for a hotel that wasn't booked. So needless to say, we didn't pick this one. The room was clean but had an odor. We had to burn candles and spray air freshner the entire time. The price was a little high for what it was. There is not a pool and its not even close to the seawall. Guess it would be ok for someone just passing through but not for a vacation!

Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Tx
Reviewed 29 July 2004

Stayed here at the end of June, 2004. Management very nice. Large room very clean with tile entry and bath and with extras...iron,coffee maker, safe. Close to Texas A & M @ Galveston and the highway.Very reasonable $45 and quite.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2004

Usually when I stay is Galveston I want to be as close to the beach as possible. This time however I needed quick access to I45 because the main feature was an Astros game in Houston and I did not want to stay in Houston.
The staff was friendly upon arrival. The room was large and clean with more than the basic amenities, ie., blow dryer, safe, coffe maker, etc. The location was unique. Some may not like the fact that one it is not on the beach or in the immediate vacinity. If you are a wildilfe lover you might enjoy the canal/ marsh (room view) on the other side of the 'railroad tracks'. Having said this, the rooms really are soundproofed so that you do not hear the train. The marsh is an eco delight with an abundance of unique island wildlife and the sounds there of.
Overall at $48.00 dollars the room's cleanliness and size made it a good value. Good management.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member