Cosmetically, this hotel is in sad shape. Needs updating, fresh paint, clean carpet, some trim replaced, and the towel rack in our bathroom kept falling off the wall. The beds were ok but not spectacular as far as comfort goes, but when you're tired from the beach I guess you'll sleep anywhere. We had to call maintenance as soon as we checked in because the fridge in our room didn't work, and it took FOUR refrigerators before we got one that actually cooled off. The maintenance guy was nice enough to find a 5th fridge as well and left two in our room. Our a/c also seemed to have a hard time keeping up with cooling demands so it was never quite perfectly cool in our room. Even the shower head wasn't functioning completely perfectly, and I was annoyed at the lack of a bathtub. My daughter is 4 - she doesn't take showers, but she had to figure it out during our stay.
We were in the "newer" building off the main building. Parking was somewhat difficult under the building we were staying in - the beams holding the building up were always in the way. Perhaps the parking spaces are too arrow? We had two small compact cars and at times we couldn't open the doors because of the beams depending on which spot we got stuck parking in. I can't imagine squeezing a large SUV in them. The elevator lobby was like a sauna - no air, and the elevators were both extremely slow and hot. I only used them once and walked up and down the stairs the rest of the stay. Speaking of, there needs to be a bench for smokers to use because people kept sitting in the way on the stairwell to smoke.
Housekeeping was less than impressive. On our second day after our room was cleaned we were left 2 bathmats, 1 hand towel, and three washcloths. NO TOWELS. She took all of our dirty towels and didn't leave us any, so we had to call the front desk to have some brought up. On our 4th day there, the housekeeping lady left our room unlocked (the metal bar was left over the door to keep it from latching) and when we got back from the day my little brother just walked right in. Praise God nothing was taken, but still. Really?
This is not a quite place to stay. The rooms doe not have adequate sound barrier, so we were very aware every time the man across the hall yelled as his kids and every single morning at 8 am what sounded like 16 children began running circles above our heads. If anyone ran down the hallway, it sounded like they were running bulls. Not a quiet stay.
The breakfast each day was pretty much a joke so I'm glad we had brought our own food. Not much offered and what was out looked questionable. The orange juice was more water than juice. I did eat a banana from there, but that was all.
The miniature golf course is in terrible shape. Half of the decorations were broken or missing, the astro turf was pulling up on almost every hole, and the rubber tee mats were all chewed up and some of them wouldn't even hold your ball. The clubs were just sitting out in a trash can at the first hole, which was holding several inches of rainwater so the clubs were all wet.
The swimming pool ranges from 3' to 5', so if you have a little one they only have a very small step area to play on where they can actually touch.
The area is nice enough and if you are spending lots of time in Schlitterbahn or Moody Gardens, they are both withing walking distance. The room was spacious, but overall I was less than impressed with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx