“How to destroy good food”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed 10 October 2012

A superb place on the beach (when it is not storming) and a historic set-up with many interesting chrystals and historical facts on display. Why the restaurant needs to destroy the perfectly good scallops and prawns/shrimps by dipping them KFC-style in an enormous amount of batter is beyond my comprehension. Service was immaculate and friendly and so were the drinks. The little granddaughter (2 years) was well looked after.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,816)

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The restaurant is perfectly located on the beach front. Both dishes we ordered were very good. Both the waiter and the manager checked with us during our meal to make sure everything was satisfactory.The food here I would say is above average for the cost, the atmosphere very relaxed and the sevice excellent.
All of the staff from entering the restaurant to leaving were very freindly and pleasant.The restaurant is owned by a family that have lived and run businesses in Galveston for a 100 years and that certainly shows in their choice of staff.

1  Thank linda176
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

We met friends here for lunch in September. A large portion of the food here is fried...fried to perfection, but fried nonetheless. The signature drinks were very good, and the food tasted great. The service was a little slow and strange, but the prices were good! Fantastic location.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

When we are down in the area, my family and I always stop at Guido's for the delicious red snapper and the WONDERFUL parmesan tomatoes! With good food and a nice atmosphere, this place makes for a great dining experience. I personally recommend the Gulf red snapper, with parmesan tomatoes as a side order. My kids usually also split the mouthwatering snapper. Their scallops are quite good, complemented by grilled shrimp. (Although almost everything there goes well with the parmesan tomatoes.)The also have an lovely gift shop within the store with different types of coral, sea shells, and other oceanic items. They also have an extensive wine list. I also recommend trying the potatoes au gratin, which happen to be quite scrumptious. Overall, Guido's is a great, family friendly restaurant!

Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Good food tonight! I had stuffed shrimp with potatoes au gratin, very good! Loved the potatoes instead of regular ole fries. My husband had grilled shrimp, average. Had some of Casey's soft serve ice cream, super! I regret not having one of their soft serve alcoholic beverages. We sat outside because we have a 2 yr old, but went to restrooms inside, yucky! Carpet seemed musty/smelly. I don't know that I could've eaten inside, especially seafood. Our waitress was excellent, great with my little guy.