“Don't Beach at the La Quinta West”

Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have generally utilized La Quinta for a number of business and family trips. In generally you get decent service for the money.

This La Quinta was very disappointing to me, even though I am an "Elite member" I thought we would get better service.

It was disappointing for the following reasons:
1. the hallway had a musty smell to it
2. the doors to the parking area and the one to the pool was not secured
3. the door to the pool was also rusting and broken tile on the threshold
3. the ceiling to the shower was moldy
4. the breakfast was not that enticing, not sure why they can not have scramble eggs and sausage as standard breakfast, coffee was probable instant
5. we had to check out at a certain time, even thou I requested to exceed the time (have been done at other La Quinta's) because of the computer automatically charge you an extra day

I thought the services was not friendly and customer oriented. They have a lot of work to do to bring this hotel to a quality standard.

Room Tip: The rooms facing west gives you some view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Moncivais
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the doors and instructed to see to replace or repair.

• Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of giving the breakfast more variety.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I came to check in on Saturday sept 28 around 1:00 pm. It was two ladies at the front desk, one of the ladies was on the phone while the other was sitting in a chair doing nothing on some type of iPad. I stood at the front desk for about two mins before getting acknowledged by the lady that was on the phone. When I asked for management I couldn't believe it was the lady sitting down I just walked out called the hotel to cancel my reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank caramel_chocolate
Patty B, General Manager at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to review our location after your recent visit. We apologize the service was not what you have come to expect at LaQuinta. We take customer satisfaction seriously and appreciate it when guests let us know where we need to improve. We do hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to show you warm hospitality.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Jeffrey S

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I've stayed here a few times and overall I've had good experiences. Staff was efficient, rooms clean, breakfast is average including biscuits and grits. The seawall is handy to everything but the beach right across the road is covered with breaker rocks for the first block or two. The last time I stayed my initial room had a displeasing smell, there was a large crack almost the length of the wall and when I spotted one cockroach in the middle of the night I asked to be moved. The young lady at the desk was unsympathetic, bordering on rude and when I challenged her lack of concern she forced a wee smile. Initially she told me there'd be nothing available till morning and when I responded that she'd just have to upgrade me she shrugged and browsed the computer agonizingly long. Finally she offered me the room right across the hall..I said NO. then she offered me the room above, I said NO. When it became clear I'd be standing there for God knows how long I took the room above and it was fine. In retrospect I often decline a room if its not up to scale and should have done so immediately. Still, there's decent value and provided you don't get the clerk or room from hell it's fair enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank gracecame
Patty B, General Manager at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thanks for staying at the La Quinta,Galveston.

Thank you again for sparing your time to put a review with straight observations which will definitely help us to improve.

We are happy to hear you are and will be a repeat customer. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by some of the issues you encountered on your most recent visit with us.

We are continuously improving our rooms, amenities and other points related to cleanliness and other points mentioned by you.

We would love to see you again at our hotel and we will definitely give you a nice experience.

A La Quinta traveler
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Patty B, General Manager at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great location, great staff, clean rooms, nice pool, close to everything in Galveston, spacious rooms, great breakfast, nice views I would defiantly bring my family to stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ACLSALSCL

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at LaQuinta Galveston West. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing a pleasurable experience to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is no dough the worst hotel I have ever stayed in...Room was filthy, run down dirty walls. Elevator was filthy with a hole in the floor and gang logos scratched in walls. No Pool towels and the pool looked like it had not been serviced in a year. I understand why the staff was so rude, they have to work in such a bad hotel, Price was way out of range for what we got. Also was in a room across the hall from someone who had to big dogs that barked all day , NICE!

Note To the owner, Clean this place up or shut it down!

Room Tip: go to another hotel...
3  Thank Fastony
Mary W, General Manager at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at the La Quinta Galveston during your recent visit.

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize your experience with our location did not meet with your satisfaction. We take our guest reviews seriously and use them to improve on any issues or services that do not meet La Quinta standards.

Please reconsider and choose us for another stay, and experience the change.