“Galveston Vacation”

Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Midland, Texas
“Galveston Vacation”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The staff was friendly, but I wouldnt stay here again. We were in room 314 and it smells of mold as soon as you get off the elevator. We could see the air vent was dirty and the air conditioner didnt cool our room down. I had to add an app to my phone that would play "white noise" to drown out the sound from the hallway. The hotel didnt have a fan that they could put in the room for us so this was the option I came up with. It was affordable and near the beach so the location was great and access to the beach.

Room Tip: room 314 is terrible. Its right near the elevator and the AC doesnt work.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Calgary
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Paid extra to reserve a room with Balcony View at La Quinta Seawall West. Checked-in around 4 PM. The first room was on the main floor with a view of the concrete wall of parkade not Gulf of Mexico. My wife complained which got us a second floor room on other side of the building. Be forewarned all views are partial views.

Then the refrigerator in our room did not work. Maintenance replaced it promptly but plugged it into the outlet connected to light switch. When we returned from dinner nothing was cold so my wife complained to front desk. The manager promised to respond but never did.

The place was packed. The lineup to make waffles at breakfast was 8 deep which at 2 minutes a waffle meant you'd be waiting a long time. The orange juice was watery. People were swimming in the pool in street clothes. Not sanitary !!

If you like a private beach away from the action this is the place for you. Don't mind you have to climb over boulder size rocks to get to the sand. Or you could drive to the Pleasure Pier but Galveston charges $1.00 per hour for parking (if you can find a spot). We walked the 4 1/2 miles each direction.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for Balcony View
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Pottsboro, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a delightful stay at the La Quinta Inn Galveston, Texas. The accommodations were great, we had a 3rd floor balcony view of the ocean. A Continental Breakfast was available at 6:30 am, and the staff was friendly and helpful..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very rude manager One of her employees dipped in my room leaving a spit cup on tBle by my food. I reported it. She blamed me, and my family. Took her over a day to ask us to leave. She is not manager material. She needs to
Learn respect. We were not even in our room until
Later. Came back from beach and there the spit bottle was. Very nasty Nd gross

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We arrived on Friday night and the front desk clerk was not very polite. She was eating while checking us in. Keys did not work and had to go back to the desk. She told me I had put them against credit card or phone. We had just got them!!
Safe did not work and ROACHES in the room!!!! Not worth the money!!! Very disappointed in a LaQuinta!!

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I will admit I was a little nervous about what I would find when we arrived at the hotel based on previous guest reviews. However we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived at the hotel and much to my surprise it was very pretty. Sits on the Gulf with a well kept parking area and front entrance. I walked in to the lobby and it was clean, cool and I was greeted by a young gentleman Max P. With a smile. I had called him about an hour prior and asked if there was any way we could check in a little early. My husband is preparing for a kidney transplant and he needed to rest asap. He said no problem and when I arrived he greeted me by name. Impressive! I had already explained to him the problem I had work the elite rewards customer service rep and the dis honest info I was given. Being an elite Member Im supposed to get free upgrades, guaranteed availability and a gift upon check in. It's never happend, until today. Max made us feel welcomed, appreciated and for the first time like an elite member who had spent over$10,000.00 at Laqunitas this year so far. He upgraded us, I received my gift, he apologized and even listened to me complain about the csr. He even personalty went and checked our beautiful room. I honestly was considering canceling our membership until now, thanks to Max. Our room is beautiful, clean and perfect. People who complained about animals barking, stay at a place that isn't animal friendly. To the people who said it was musty, you obviously have never stayed on the ocean in 100%humidity. I felt like roar comment were made by people who are looking for a free room and who live for drama and negativity. Laquinta doesn't claim to be a five star hotel, they are an economy, animal loving, family oriented hotel however I give this one 5 stars. Thank you, especially Thanks to Max P

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carieprince
Keller, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is run down and chewed up by dogs everywhere. Of two rooms I stayed in, the doors would not close completely. I had hair on both beds on arrival and the staff did not seem to care. No WI-FI or computer access.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business