“Ok stay”

Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
“Ok stay”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel was nice. What I didn't like about it was it was non smoking and it was pet friendly. There were dogs barking non stop in the room next to us. The balcony was very dirty. The railing wasn't even bolted to the bottom of the balcony. There was sand and dirt covering the railing. The coffee pot in the bathroom didn't work right. There were stains all over the toilet. The service staff was nice and overall the stay was ok.

1 Thank Brooke R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Dallas
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I brought my wife and son here for the weekend. First of all, the lady up front DID NOT make a good first impression. Then, I couldn't get into my room until 4 pm. As a reward member, I am supposed to be guaranteed availability. Second, the elevator didn't work, that or it was extremely slow. I'm not incapable of taking the stairs but, it's the principal. Besides all that, the room was very nice, A/C was cold and beds we're decent. Great WIFI service throughout the hotel. They had a normal breakfast selection. I would give it another shot just to see, although the east hotel is a better location.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jcummings3538
Galveston, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I thought the hotel was great and had great service making my family vacation worry free. The breakfast was great had a welcoming atmosphere. They keep the pool nice and clean. If I had a question the front desk knew the information very quickly and the housekeeping was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

East Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We needed a pet friendly hotel and we chose this one, despite the variations in reviews. We had a double-king bed room on the third floor. Our room smelled fresh and clean, hallway was a bit musty. No issues with any staff. All contacts with front desk and house keeping were nothing but professional and friendly. House keeping even kept the kids entertained by arranging their dolls in fun poses each day! Hotel has some maintenance issues, but we saw nothing serious. We brought our own breakfast items during our week long stay, so I cannot comment on that. We always travel with a white-noise machine, and are glad we did here. We were near the elevator and it was a bit noisy at times. Beds were very comfortable and VERY clean. (I check between mattresses at hotels.) Easy, quick drive to Moody Gardens and the other locations we visited. Some reviews portray this hotel to be a pseudo-portal to the gates of Hades and that is far from the truth. It is a two star hotel, and I think some were expecting a five star after reading their reviews.

1 Thank RelaxedMomma
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had issues with bed linens and floors being dirty. Was charge for upgrade that didnt happen. Tried to voice complaint to GENERAL MANAGER REBECCA TATUM and she wasnt hearing it. Told me the beds were clean and falsely accused me of making fun of front desk clerk. G/M Rebecca Tatum felt so liberal to tell me she wouldn't have checked me into hotel if she was there. Advise me to have a good day and hung up. Front desk clerk had a little girl voice and I mimic her in conversation, well she let me know she didnt appreciate by her nasty gesture. Honestly I thought her voice was cute and told her that. After entering into garage I was greeted by water that stem from a break in landry area. There was no baggage carts available so u packed your bags thru water. I enter into elevator lobby... no a/c. Finally I proceeded to third floor to room. ..hallway carpet filty... inside room bed linens had not been changed and carpet in room dirty. Well its was a one nite stay so I went to Wal-Mart purchase sheets and socks. I called front desk and spoke with Amy to voice my complaint and informed her of incident with clerk as well as excepting the blame... she referred me to GENERAL MANAGER REBECCA TATUM that's when my stay turn upside down. She was one of the worsted I had encouter. Never listen to complaint. ..jump in defense mode and that was the end. There is resolutions for issues. ..but rude and bad attitude from a manager was not acceptable. Even making a bad gesture when dealing with public to me is not acceptable. I took my complaint to a higher level. If you are looking at L Q WEST for a s
tay... Please do not stay here. I fear if a problem derived and GENERAL MANAGER REBECCA TATUM is involved. ..you be on the losing end. I feel her loyalty is in her employees and not the guess. I think a customer service course would do her and the clerk at front desk good. Not all the staff was bad. Im give the maint. guy Wayne Bennett a letter of recommendation for going above and beyond duty to be helpful to guess. The staff was pleasant (exceptional GENERAL MANAGER REBECCA TATUM) including front desk clerk ( that dont no different between nice gesture and insult) but at least she remain kind and that was more than her MANAGER could achieve. I will never return here L Q WEST GALVESTON Texas due to the rudeness..horrible attitude. .. etc. The GENERAL MANAGER REBECCA TATUM shown. I did take her advise and had a good day...lodge at another hotel. Again before you register at this site Please do the math..This manager was no where insight and made a very BOLD Statement to me as a guess. I have my truths. Read reviews and remember GENERAL MANAGER REBECCA TATUM is part of the equation. Unless you can deal with filty carpet and dirty bed linens. .DO NOT STAY. ..IT A RISK. Who knows what will happen if every referred to her.

• Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Galveston, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Have stayed at alot of LaQuinta Properties, and this one didnt make the mark in the areas of Maintenance and Housekeeping. The room was not clean, and even when we tipped the housekeeper, she left it a mess. The lock on the door was broken, lamp shade broken, odor in the hall. Management needs to take care of the maintenance and housekeeping and the place would be great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family