“We are very grateful to have found this place!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
thesexton...
“We are very grateful to have found this place!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at 1715 19th st. In Galveston apartment 9 April the 6th through the 10th and we are so grateful to have found this place!!!before we got there my husband our 2 and 6 yr old and myself we were afraid what this place would be because of the price it was so affordable we were afraid it was gonna be horrible but its what we could afford . When we got there we were amazed!!! It was nice clean and just what We needed!!! Everything is provided even paper towels and laundry soap!! It was extremely easy to book it has a keyles entry which was awesome (no key to keep up with ) we couldn't have asked for a better location we walked to the beach and pleasure pier!! Very short drive to Moody gardens!! Parking was a breeze!! Neighbors are extremely nice Julie (manager) was so friendly she even offered to let us use her bike!! We all loved romeo ( new daddy ) Julie's dog! Has a nice lil back yard to sit and relax!! Bed was comfortable and clean blow up mattress was comfortable and extremely easy to blow up it was electric took like 2 seconds!! I know reviews are suppose to tell you something you could improve but honestly I just couldn't think of anything this place made our trip so enjoyable !!! Thank you Julie for showing our family with such kindness and that you for your amazing hospitality!!! We will definitely be back to Galveston and we don't even have to plan next year where to stay because we already know wouldn't think of going anywhere else you def get way more than you pay for!!

Management Response
12 Apr 2014
Thank you for the very kind words - we are honored to host your family and so happy you enjoyed your stay. Our number one priority is cleanliness. I sent your review to Julie as she is the person responsible and I know she will greatly appreciate you kind words. Of course, we will love to have your family stay with us anytime you're in the Galveston area.

Steven
Brittany8...
“Poorly prepared management and building.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Although the room and overall stay were amazing, Julie (who lives on site) had no clue that we had booked a stay or that we needed to pay! The building has a nice exterior but several of the surrounding rooms' windows were boarded and covered with unhinged doors making the appearance VERY unappealing and unnerving. Though Steven had precise directions and information about the stay Julie had no idea that we were supposed to be there and how much our stay was for. Seems Steve needs to visit that property more often to make sure things are being handled properly (upkeep). All of the amenities and the location of the property were wonderful, only thing I would have liked was some sort of patio to relax on.

Nikirb
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Clean room for a reasonable price.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Location was great, less than two blocks to the beach. The building itself is a little 'run down' looking but the room itself was fresh and clean. The unit I stayed in was great for what I needed - one, two or maybe three people would be the most that could fit comfortably.

I loved the convienence of the entry code for the unit -no key to have to check out or worry about losing. On-site management made her presence known but was not intrusive - the main hallway doors were open all day, and closed at night.

There is no central air, so there is a single in-window ac unit that ran pretty much all night; was more of a nuisance than a deal-breaker. It was difficult to get the temperature of the room just right with it, but I think that's just the way in-window units are.

There were plenty of towels, and they had left lots of convinence items in the kitchen area - even cold water in the fridge. I stayed on my own, so didn't need the extra bedding etc, but it seemed to be well-stocked for the extra air mattresses. One item I would ask to be added is a shower caddy in the shower stall - there is no shelf or place to put your items other than the floor. I actually went and got one from dollar tree to use for my stay. Another item I would add would be books about the Galveston area; the manager had left a stack on the tv shelf but they were all just 'regular' paperback fiction. A little bit about the area, even just a few touristy brochures, would make it feel more like a vacation rental.

Parking was a bit of a crunch if I didn't arrive back at the unit early - I was a bit un-nerved to park on the street, but there was plenty of space to do so.

Overall, my stay was pleasant, and the unit was just what I needed at a reasonable price. Would stay here again if the need arose.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: privacy and convienence
Liked least: The building itself looks a little sad, but the interior renovations are nice.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Jul 2013
Thank you for the review and your opinions - we value them. The idea of the shower caddy is a great one. So everyone knows, we do provide a dispenser with body wash, shampoo, and conditioner in each shower, We will add the shower caddy to all the units. The manager is looking for some books/brochures of area activities. We have found some and need to spend some time to create a binder for each unit with tins of activities listed. We have asked local vendors for brochures to include in the binder.

Just recognized the guest stayed in unit #16. Was informed the dispenser in that shower was broken by the previous guest. It will be replaced this week.

These type of suggestions is what get tings done and we greatly appreciate them. Steven
Houston
Reviewed 22 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Rugged travelers
TraceyCap...
College Station
“AWESOME PLACE!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

This place is the best!! We were so impressed with this rental. I wish I could give more than 5 stars! Arrived to a coded door (no key to keep track of) and loved it already. We were on the first floor, right by the street. Noise was not an issue one bit. We were able to park right in front of the building the entire time, we walked to the beach every day (less than a block and a half away). The unit was so clean, smelled fresh and met our needs perfectly. Our three year old loved the air mattress, and she slept like a log. The building's tenants were so quiet and so friendly. Everything we needed was there, including laundry detergent and a broom to sweep up all our sand. We cooked breakfast every morning (saved $) and everything we needed (pans, spatulas, utensils, etc.) were all there, even salt and pepper! There were even DVDs left in the room for us. Very nice touch!! The neighborhood was great, too! We felt perfectly safe walking, even at night. We loved this place and have told everyone about it. We will be back for sure!! This is the only place we plan to ever stay in - EVER!!!! So affordable, definitely worth every penny. Steve was so incredibly helpful and courteous. We have been spreading the word and hope Steve is very successful so this rental is available for years to come. You will never regret staying here!!! Thanks so much!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The entire experience. Wi-fi and DVDs a nice touch!
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jim713
Dallas, Texas
“Low frills, nice location, clean”
Reviewed 2 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

It was advertised as "no frills" but it had cable TV, full kitchen, good air conditioner, and was nicely decorated. At 300 sq ft it is larger than many hotel rooms and neither my wife nor I ever felt cramped for space. The mattress was medium firmness and comfortable. The room is about 4 blocks from east beach and a great central location for the ferry, strand, beach, and seawall restaurants.

The owner/manager was very communcative, helpful, and friendly.

I would recommend this location to anyone with the recommendation they take bug spray to help minimize water bugs.

Deposit was refunded very quickly once it was requested.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: The water bugs kept us awake at night.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing