“Good Flavor - hard working!”
Review of Strand Pizzeria - CLOSED

Strand Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were at Contender Sports Bar (before they started serving food), and we ordered a pepperoni and black olive pizza from Strand Pizzeria. Pizza was hot and cheesy and they were very accomidating. Pizza was average, but being from St. Louis and loving Chicago style pizza...this was more like New York style. Crust had a unique flavor - was good.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Have been watching them build this place for the last couple months. The first time I went was during Superbowl. I met a buddy of mine over there and I think they had just opened for the first time. They haven't gotten their liquor license yet but they were giving away some really warm nasty keg beer...but it was free and free beer is still tolerable...I guess.
Anyway we ordered a pie and waited and waited and waited and it finally showed up...cold. The place wasn't even that crowded to warrant a very delayed much less cold pizza. They serve those big huge pizzas that are so large they always taste like crap. Well they didn't stray from this theory, it was horrible! Even if it would have been served at least warm (hot would be asking for to much at this place) it still would have sucked. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because they had just opened. So I told myself I will give it another chance once they have some time to get it right.
Waited till this past weekend thats what.... about five weeks since Superbowl? Well believe it or not is was actually WORSE! Let's see...how can I describe it? Thin burned cardboard with the greasiest cheese ever? Yeah...that's close. BTW I don't mean the "good" kind of greasy cheese...I mean the kind that never really melts even though the rest of the pie is burnt, the cheese only sweats oil. Yuck
I think this place is just hiding it's self as a cough cough restaurant and it's actually just another scummy bar. It's located on "that end" of The Strand. You know...the end where you won't walk down with your girl or children....yeah that end.
I have this feeling after my review all the sudden there will be a bunch of reviews saying "great service" and "terrific food" but watch. They will be from brand new Yelpers that just happen to have joined very recently and only wrote one review...this place! LOL

1  Thank Montecore1