“There are a lot better places for seafood in this town!”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #207 of 314 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“There are a lot better places for seafood in this town!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I did not like this place. I wasn't very hungry, so only ordered an appetizer. Stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat should be good! Should be, but sadly they were not. It came slathered in some kind of heavy creamy cheese sauce that masked the delicate taste of the crabmeat. A friend got the Southern fried lobster, and with all the heavy breading, he couldn’t tell the difference between hush puppies and lobster. This was the only place we found open at 10 p.m. on a Sunday night, so not a lot of options at that hour. I would not eat here again.

• Visited November 2013

Galveston, Texas
“Great view - fun time”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The outdoor seating are has a tremendous view of the gulf. The Coconut shrimp were great - probably ate too many of them. The service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful - sea breeze with sea food.

Visited October 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice dinner!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful view of the ships and dock. A great price and lots of food. The food was delicious and prepared well. Our waitress was very attentive and made sure we were taken care of. Will come back!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Friendly staff, good food, loud”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The staff at Joe's were very friendly and helpful, and also a little overwhelmed by the size of our group. The food was good; for what I ordered, the portions were uneven. I had plenty of veggies, not as much seafood as I'd have liked, and a dessert that was easily twice what I wanted. The restaurant environment was fun and also loud.

Visited October 2013
Austin, TX
“Nice view, poor service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My sisters and I are from Galveston and used to eat at Hill's at Pier 21 all the time. It is now a Joe's Crab Shack. We wanted a bit of nostalgia so we decided to eat at Joe's for our Sunday lunch. The view was delightful, the food good though pricey, but the service was disappointing. The waitress was not attentive. The food took quite a while to come and, when it did, it took a while to get the silverware needed to eat! We had to ask for refills of tea. The bill was not presented in a timely manner. We were paying with a credit card, but the computers were down and our transaction could not be processed. I know that was not their fault.
There were very few free parking spaces. We had to use the pay parking, by the half hour.
We were disappointed and probably will not be returning to this location.

• Visited September 2013