“Good Food, Great View.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We did the whole Pleasure Pier experience, and wrapped it up at Bubba Gump's. I am allergic to seafood and the Chef was very accommodating. I had an awesome burger and a salad. My family however loved the seafood! The view and atmosphere was incredible and our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Great overall experience!

2  Thank Jessica P
There are newer reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The only other Bubba Gump restaurant I dined at was in San Fransisco in 1997.
After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor I was not expecting a good outcome. We were spending the evening on the Galveston Pleasure Pier so we didn't have many options for dinner. I just joined the Landry's Select Club so I hoped that would help us get a table without the long wait other diners were experiencing. Hey, this is peak season right?
We were shown to a table and had drinks delivered within five minutes. Outstanding!
Our server was attentive, the drinks cold and the entrees were very good. Over all it was a good experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was excited to eat here. The location is awesome, the view is awesome and all the staff was really great. The food we had was just average, though. I would have rather spent the same amount of money at a true, hometown seafood place vs. this commercial restaurant. Go and have dessert and drinks or something just to check out the place, but I would spend my money on lunch/dinner somewhere else unless you don't mind paying for average tasting, expensive food.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

A little pricey for the amount of food they serve but the food is delicious. The atmosphere is wonderful. Great view of the ocean.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a member of Landry's Rewards Program, I have eaten at many of their seafood restaurants (Babins, Landrys etc). I expected much more than what I received. First we had a 2-hour wait for a table at 7:15pm on 7/19. An hour into the wait I remembered my "priority seating" perk for being a member. My friend and I were immediately seated. As we trekked through the restaurant, I noticed MANY empty tables. Why the 2 hour wait?? My friend ordered a specialty drink which was terrible. We sent it back and got another choice. Fortunately the 2nd was much better and we weren't charged for the first. I ordered the mahi-mahi and shrimp over rice. Mahi-mahi was shriveled/dry/lukewarm, rice was sticky, shrimp just ok. My friend ordered the kids chicken strips and onion strings. Strips were blah and onion strings were stale/lukewarm. I would hold BG up there with Babin's and Landry's with regards to expectations. The gift shop was wonderful and I dumped a bunch of money in there also. Too bad the staff forgot to ask me if I was a rewards member when I checked out. I was probably entitled to a discount on the retail. Same goes for the large Pier gift shop across the seawall. The staff at all Landry's owned locations should automatically ask the customer if they have a rewards card. Having just got a tattoo that day, I was a little out of it!!!! Still remain a Landry's lover....just not a BG lover. Will stick to what I know and dine elsewhere when in Galveston again.

P.S. I should also add that of the 3 tables of people around us, 2 of them complained about something to do with their food. There was also a very angry guy in the bar complaining about something while we were waiting for our table.

1  Thank Laura B