“Don't Skip This Place!”

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The price may be a little high for the amount of attractions available, but honestly, since most of the rides literally take you out over the ocean, there is an added element of excitement that you can't get at any norma amusement park. I think the cost for non-riders was a little ridiculous ($10 just to walk around) and the attendants were not exactly the friendliest bunch, but overall we loved this place.

1  Thank Rarapuckett

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My 9 year old grandkids love the Pleasure Pier in Galveston. I love the fact that I don't have to pay full price to watch them go on the rides. The Pleasure Pier is much smaller than Six Flags, so there are not as many rides. But all of the rides were working. The lines were short or nonexistent. They were able to go on the rides as many times as they wanted.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this Pier. It was our first time to the island and really enjoyed it. Our teenagers loved the rides and music. The stage had a cover band that were really good. They played everything from Michael Jackson to Katy Perry. The only issue I have is the price. The price could come down.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went to pleasure pier in March during spring break. It was fun, however, I wish they had more rides. The lines were very long. But at least you have a view off the pier while waiting. The food was good. The games that me and my children played were fair. They did not seem like a rip off like most amusement park games. They can actually win stuff. I purchased photos. They were good for the money. I recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was severly disappointed in this. Their website is very misleading regarding the rides. WIth the exception of two rides, they are all very scaled down kid size versions. My husband and I went while celebrating our 1st anniversary and my opinion is, we may as well have thrown $20 out into the gulf. If you have money and small children, this would be a great place to go. (A 4 star rating perhaps) If you're having an adult only date, take my advice and go have a few drinks or enjoy happy hour somewhere with the money you would have wasted walking on to the pier. Not to mention the $10 you also have to pay for parking.

2  Thank mcmama2012