“Good Food Great View”
Review of Casey's Casual Seafood Cafe - CLOSED

Casey's Casual Seafood Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Sat outside with our dogs and enjoyed some cold beers and great stuffed jalapenos. Staff were exceptionally friendly.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This was second time at Casey's. the first time was about a year ago and it was a descent experience. This time we learned it changed names to Nick's so I was kind of cautious. More than the name changed even though it is still in the Guido family. The prices went way up and the quality of the food went down. I had a shrimp PO boy which was popcorn shrimp, too much breading which was average at best. My wife had fried shrimp and it was overcooked. My father-in-law had oysters and he said it was not fit to eat. They did not even have cole slaw. The whole experience was not Guido family quality. I will not be back and we are local too..

1  Thank Bandera89
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have eaten here several times over the past few years... the scallops are always wonderful fried or blackened. Last time we tried the bacon wrapped shrimp as well and they were amazing. Always have to have a carry out because they serve large portions. One of my favorite places to eat in Galveston.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Ordered fried shrimp and it was very good. The baked potato was served hot. My son ordered a combo platter and had more food than he could eat, all of it was good he said. Service was fine. I was hesitant to stop here because my last experience at Gaido's was not good. The outdoor patio with a view of the gulf is nice on a breezy evening. . I would return to Nicks.

1  Thank markrw
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I ate here just after Hurricane Ike and I had an excellent meal and view of the ocean from the outdoor patio. I came back a few years later with my wedding party (before we left on our wedding cruise). We came for lunch before we boarded the cruise ship. The service was slow, even though the restaurant was not busy as it was before Noon. The food was okay, not what it once was. The property has since undergone a few changes, including upgrades to the property and a name change. I would be willing to try the food again the next time I am in Galveston. I suspect any shortcomings will be rectified.