“Family Gem”

Ranked #71 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
houston, tx
“Family Gem”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The white lasagna is delicious. When we pull into town, we drive straight here. Feels like a family, neighborhood hangout.

Visited September 2013

Galveston Island, Texas
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Food is yucky. No flavor. Best part of the meal was the salad, and how can you really mess that up? I won't go back even if someone else pays.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Skippy S
Galveston, Texas
“Great lunch at great price!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stopped in for the lunch special today - pan-fried pork chop w/ choice of pasta - had the fettucine alfredo - came with fresh garlic bread and salad, all for just 8.95, including the iced tea! Pork chop was excellent, along with pasta. Definitely was not prepared until we ordered. My husband also had a slice of their Italian creme cake. He said it was some of the best cake he's ever had. Service with a smile was great as well.

• Visited August 2013
League City, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is the best Italian food I have ever had. The pasta is so fresh, it is out of this world. I will definitely go back.

Visited October 2012
Lumberton Texas
“Happened Onto This Treasure”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were driving down 31st Street after leaving the seawall heading to the Strand area for dinner. We saw it, said we needed to try somewhere new, parked, and went in. It was small, quaint, and a hostess met us with a smile. I told her we didn't have reservations, she laughed, and said people say that all the time, and immediatedly found us a spot. This is authentic Italian food! I had a pasta with chicken and my wife had spaghetti w/ meat sauce. Both portions were abundant and the reasonable priced bottle of Chianti topped it off. Our waitress was a delight and has been with them since they opened. A great neighborhood restaurant, small, established, and with a great meal! I noticed the current owner, Mr. DiBelia, who was the son of the Mom and Pop that started it so many years ago. When we left he was sitting outside so I shook his hand and complimented his fine establishment. He was gratious and friendly. Another out of the way great place!

Visited August 2013